BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第55期:水果蛋糕
日期:2016-05-11 13:17

(单词翻译:单击)

双语文本

In ancient Greece, on feast days people would offer a round cake to the moon goddess Artemis,and then, put candles on it to recreate the moon's glow.
在古希腊的庆典上,人们会向月亮女神祭上圆形蛋糕,然后插上蜡烛代笔月亮的光辉。
But Yvonne's got her own special birthday offering.
但约娜由她自己的祭品。
Fruitcake. A special fruitcake.Right.What sort of special fruitcake?
水果蛋糕,特殊的。有多特别。
It's special because this has been in our family for over 30 years.Oh, brill! Is it complicated?So easy to make.
因为在我们家有三十年的历史了。天哪,那做起来复杂吗?不,很简单。
Right, so what we need to do now is cream the margarine and the sugar together.So how about you doing it, Si?I know you'll do a good job.
首先冰淇淋,糖搅匀,西蒙你来做怎么样,我知道你很拿手
Once the mixture has been creamed,five eggs are added to help it rise and keep the cake fresh for longer.
搅拌完成后,打入五颗鸡蛋帮助发酵,也可以让蛋糕保存更长时间
And it's back to you,the human whisk.
交给你了,真人搅拌机
He comes with attachments as well,you know.Does he? Oh, aye. A jaw attachment.Put him in some tight jeans and he's a mincer.
他的功能可多了。真的吗?还附带吃饭功能。穿上紧身牛仔裤他就成了绞肉机
Yvonne gradually adds the flour.This is a very simple recipe for a great fruitcake,and not just for birthdays,but for any celebration.
逐渐加入面粉,这么简单的食谱做出如此美妙的蛋糕,而且不仅可以在生日吃,任何庆祝时刻都可以吃
So what we need to do now is pour the fruit in.
现在倒入水果
Fruitcakes are considered a British classic dating from the 13th Century,when dry fruit started to be imported from the Mediterranean countries.
水果蛋糕是典型的英国烘焙,自从13世纪开始,干果开始从地中海国家传入英国
It was in Victorian Britain that we really started to make birthday cakes.A bit like Christmas cards and Valentine's cards, you know, in Victorian times.
那时正是维多利亚时期人们开始吃生日蛋糕,就像圣诞、情人节卡片
But then they used to put things in the cakes, like money,and they used to put a thimble in.
人们把钱币放进去,缝纫用的顶针
So if you got the coins, that was lucky,it meant you were going to be prosperous.
吃到钱意味财源滚滚
If you got the thimble, it would mean you were going to stay single.
吃到顶针则代表一直单身
So you can imagine all these Victorian spinsters:"Oh, not the thimble again!" Right.
所以那时的单身女士都会说,别再吃到顶针了
So what we need to add now is the brandy. That's a generous measure.
现在加入白兰地。量很足嘛
But it does also keep the fruitcake nice and moist as well. Yeah.
这样可以让水果蛋糕散发香味,并且保持湿润
And it acts as a preservative so you can keep the cake for a long time, can't you?That's it.
也能防腐帮助蛋糕存放很久。是的
So now it goes into the tin.
现在倒入模具
And into the oven for two and a half hours.
放入烤箱两个半小时

视频简介

视频简介

BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。

重点讲解

讲解:

offer sth / sb (up) (to sb)
奉献,祭献(给上帝):

We offered up our prayers for the men's safe return.
我们祈求上苍保佑他们平安归来。

be complicated
复杂的;难懂的

It's all very complicated—but I'll try and explain.
尽管这一切都很难理解,但我会尽力解释。

once+句子
一…就;一旦;当…时候:

We didn't know how we would cope once the money had gone.
一旦钱花光了,我们就不知道该怎么办了。

a rich moist cake
松软味浓的蛋糕

Add some water to keep the cake moist.
加点水来让蛋糕松软。

prosperous countries
繁荣的国家

China has became prosperous over the past 30 years.
中国在过去的三十年里变得十分繁荣。

import sth (from...) / sth (into...)
进口;输入;引进:

The country has to import most of its raw materials.
这个国家大多数原料均依赖进口。

pour sth into/over/介词
使(液体)连续流出;倾倒;倒出:
Pour the sauce over the pasta.
把酱汁浇在麪食上。

分享到