BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第52期:做面团比赛
日期:2016-04-28 15:43

(单词翻译:单击)

双语文本
This is our high tech, low tech challenge.
高低科技挑战赛。
Oh, it's low techno, right?
这个是低科技吧?
Aye, but this week it's pastry so the game is who can make the best pastry the quickest.
这周的比赛是看哪种方式做面团最快
All the ingredients are the same but the tools are different.
所有食材都是一样的但是机器是不同的
Who's got the blender? Moi.
谁拿着搅拌机?我。
Ah, Dave has the poshest tool on the block, a shiny food processor.
戴夫有市售最豪华的工具—闪亮的食物调理机
And who's got prime pit shovel hands for the pastry.
谁有制作面团的粗壮双手?
Pastry's been made by hands forever so Kingy should be at no disadvantage whatsoever against my lovely food processor.
面团永远都是用手做的,所以相较于我的可爱调理机,金应该不会处于劣势
Here's a pastry cutter.
这是面团切刀
Not quite sure what one of those do.
我不确定这些要做什么?
The knife. Why?Some people use a knife for making pastry, some use a fork.
刀。干嘛?有些人用刀,有些人用叉做面团
The pastry cutter will cut the fat into the flour without warming it up, which Kingy's hands are sure to do.
有些人用面团切刀,可以把脂肪拌入面粉,而不会增加面团温度,金的手则会这样。
They might not.The knife and fork uses similar principal that just, you know,different things you might use like.
不一定!刀叉的原理相同,他们可能只是你使用的不同物品而已。
Now we need three volunteers.Yes.
现在我们需要三个志愿者。
Hi there. Right, from the primitive to the future. Are we ready.Right, go.
从远古到未来。准备好了吗?开始吧!
Oh, summertime and the living is easy.
夏日时光,生活很轻松。
We're making a shortcrust pastry which is short, or light and crumbly.
我们在做油酥面团,油酥松脆可口
You'll notice I'm doing it properly, blending the fat before adding the water.
我的做法很标准,加水前搅拌好脂肪
It's all about coating individual flour grains in fat so they don't produce too much gluten which will make the pastry tough.
这是让每个面粉粒附上脂肪,所以他们不会产生太多的面筋,否则会很硬
If you put too much water in simply add some more flour.
每多加水多加点面粉
But really, there's no rush.
不过说真的,真的不用很匆忙
It's not going in...
怎么进不去?
Oh, I think I'm just about there.
我觉得我快完成了
Oh, are ya? Not quick enough you're not. Yeah! I've done it.I'm not gloating or anything but the hands have it.
不,你还不够快!我已经做好了!我并不是骄傲,但是我办到了!
That's good. I reckon we've got experience on our side here.Yes, I do make pastry.Yeah. No that's belting. It was belting.Absolutely brilliant.
很好,我想因为我们有经验。是的,我常做。做得确实不错。
You haven't made pastry much have you. No, no. Never.
你不经常做吧?从来没做过。
I'll tell you what, I like the scrambled egg vibe with yours, it's great.
我很喜欢你做的炒蛋型面粉
I think... What?We have to give this one to the low tech.
我认为这个奖要颁给低科技
As mother knows best, the hands have it. Thank you.
因为妈妈做的最好,手工最棒!

视频简介

视频简介
BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。


重点讲解

讲解:
ingredients (of / in / for sth)
成分;(尤指烹饪)材料:

Coconut is a basic ingredient for many curries.
椰子是多种咖喱菜的基本成分。

scrambled eggs
炒蛋

He is good at making scrambled eggs.
他做的炒蛋很好吃。

have sth on your side
有…的优势
The older people have experience on their side.
老人因经验丰富而有优势。

warm sth up
把(冷饭菜)热一热

Warming it up before you eat.
吃之前把饭菜热一下。

disadvantage (of sth) | ~ (to sth)
不利因素;障碍;不便之处:
One major disadvantage of the area is the lack of public transport.
这个地区的一大不便之处就是缺少公共交通工具。

分享到
重点单词
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • primitiveadj. 原始的 n. 原始人,文艺复兴前的艺术家
  • transportn. 运输、运输工具;(常用复数)强烈的情绪(狂喜或狂怒
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • ingredientn. 成分,原料,配料,因素
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • disadvantagen. 不利,不利条件,损害,损失
  • producen. 产品,农作物 vt. 生产,提出,引起,分娩,制片
  • primeadj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的 n. 青春,壮