BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第67期:生日庆祝
日期:2016-05-23 15:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文赏析

Connie? Yes? Your lid's dry. How long do we wait till it simmers?
科尼 这个需要小火闷多久
No, no, no. Full on,straight away, please. OK.
火开到最大
With our VIP mums getting to know each other and getting to grips with their new kitchen,it's time for us to open the recipe fair and greet our guests.
我们的VIP妈妈们正在相互了解 并且试试新厨房 现在我们该开启食物博览会并且欢迎我们的宾客了
And, mate, just look, hundreds of mums and dads have turned up,with their recipes and their favourite birthday dishes.
快看 成千上百的父母们都来了 带着食谱和最爱的家常生日餐
That's it. Our birthday celebration is officially open.
我们的生日庆祝正式开始
What have you got?
你带的什么
Cinnamon rolls.Cinnamon rolls. Somebody's had a bite. On the train!
肉桂卷 有人在火车上尝了一口
What have you?My mam's chocolate cake. Oh, brill!
你带了什么 巧克力蛋糕
You know it's your birthday when you've got a chocolate cake. You do.
过生日的时候就要吃巧克力蛋糕
It's all about sharing and tasting each other's food.
意义就在于相互分享和品尝
And that's what our guests are doing all around us.
这就是我们宾客此行的目的
At every fair in our other top, we ask guest cooks to come and cater for all of our visitors.
其他的帐篷里 有嘉宾主厨到来并且为游客做饭
And share their ideas, and some of their best recipes.
分享心得和最棒的食谱
Today it's the Bradford Curry Project.
今天是巴拉福德咖喱餐
They're used to feeding a crowd.
能够喂饱很多人
Twice a week, they cook for homeless and underprivileged people in Bradford.
他们每两周都会为巴拉福德无家可归和社会底层人士烹饪食物
Today, they're cooking for lucky old us.
但今天 他为幸运的我们烹饪
We're doing some onion bhajees first.One of my colleagues is making a curry called mutter paneer which is basically yoghurt and peas.
我们首先做一点炸洋葱 我的同事之一正在做青豆奶酪咖喱
Back at the mums' tent it all seems to be going very well.They're helping each other and sharing the workload.
回到妈妈们的帐篷里 她们似乎进行的不错 他们在互相帮助 分担重任
And I was going to my children,My hands was made for being a boxer so I can hold it.
我本来打算去孩子那边 我的手很有劲 能像这样拿着
Really and truly if you've got nice dainty hands,you should put it in a tea towel.
如果手劲比较小 可以用毛巾包着
But I'll just do the mummy thing. Ah!
我就直接砸了
Oh, OK. There you go. There it is.
做好了
In our little top, food historian Gerard, is already mobbed by mums donating their recipes, and with dishes for him to taste.
在小帐篷里面,杰拉德已经被妈妈们团团围住争着提供食谱,然后品尝这些美味
视频简介
视频简介
BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。

重点讲解

讲解:

grip (on sth)
理解;了解

I couldn't get a grip on what was going on.
我无法理解正在发生的事情。

greet sb (with sth)
和(某人)打招呼(或问好);欢迎;迎接:

He greeted all the guests warmly as they arrived.
客人到达时他都热情接待。

turn up
到达;来到;露面:

We arranged to meet at 7.30, but she never turned up.
我们约好 7:30 碰头,但她根本没露面。

cater (for sb / sth)
(为社交活动)提供饮食,承办酒席 :

Most of our work now involves catering for weddings.
我们现在的工作多半是承办婚宴。

a heavy workload
沉重的工作负担

We have taken on extra staff to cope with the heavy workload.
我们已经额外雇用员工来应付巨大的工作量。

be mobbed by
被大群人围住

He's mobbed by the journalists.
他被大群记者围住。

分享到