BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第73期:圣诞布丁
日期:2016-05-29 13:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文赏析

The first time I came across the dessert known as snow queen, was at your house on Christmas Day.
我第一次吃到这个甜点还是在你家过圣诞节的时候
Yeah, it was.
没错
But it is like a birthday thing,it's a celebratory thing.
适合庆祝生日和任何节日
It was an alternative to Christmas pudding, and it was Margaret, his mother in law, came with this thing.
这是圣诞布丁的另一个选择 这是他的岳母玛格丽特发明的
And it's like a stem ginger base, you know the crystallised ginger?
底料是腌嫩姜 有种透明的那种
So get some ginger, first chop it finely.
先拿一点切成姜末
And with the ginger, the other main ingredient is double cream.
除了姜 还有高脂鲜奶油
We do that in a provocative sort of way, so it looks like Nigella.
这样倒看起来比较棒 比较像柰吉拉
You take a whisk. Preferably one with, not made out of sticks, and you beat it, to firm peaks.
用打蛋器 最好不是树枝作的 使劲打出硬性发泡
If you beat it too much, the cream will break down and you've lost your queenliness.So you've got to get that right point.
如果打的太过了 奶油就会垮掉 就没有女王的气质了 所以要掌握一个度
Once the cream is beaten, gently fold in the chopped ginger, a shot of brandy, some sugar and broken meringue.
奶油打好以后 轻轻加入姜末 一点白兰地 糖 碎蛋白甜饼
If you were to put kind of like glace cherries and almonds in this, it would end up like a frozen nougat dessert.
如果加入一点樱桃杏仁 看起来会像冻果仁甜点
Or you can kind of experiment with it. I mean, there's loads of desserts now that involve meringue.
你也可以试验一下 很多甜点里面都有碎蛋白甜饼 比如鲜奶油蛋白糖霜
I mean, an Eton mess, it's like a pavlova that somebody's dropped.
它看起来像掉到地上的奶油水果蛋白饼
Lemon meringue pie. But this one, a similar vibe, but frozen, it works.
或是柠檬的 它们很类似 不过是冷藏的
And it could be even a question, from Newcastle.
从纽卡斯尔来的人可能觉得这么吃挺怪的
Am I right? Or am I meringue?
我说的对吗 还是错了
The syrup from the ginger... a final flourish... drizzle that in.
最后撒上浸泡嫩姜的糖浆
And that's nice and sweet.
很香甜
This kind of tempers the brandy.
这可以平衡白兰地的味道
Now we take a bowl, oil it and line it with cling film.
拿个碗 刷上油 铺上保鲜膜
And we pour that in there and put it in the freezer, and when it sets solid, it's like a frozen igloo.
倒进碗里后放入冰箱 凝结后就像个冰屋
Obviously it's lumpy.
肯定会结块的
Just like your bechamel, that.
就像你做的奶油白酱
视频简介
视频简介
BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。

重点讲解

讲解:

come across
(偶然)遇见,碰见,发现:

I came across children sleeping under bridges.
我偶然发现睡在桥下的孩子。

alternative to
可供选择的事物:
You can be paid in cash weekly or by cheque monthly; those are the two alternatives.
你的工资可以按周以现金支取,或按月以支票支取。二者可选其一。

preferable (to sth / to doing sth)

较适合;更可取:
Anything was preferable to the tense atmosphere at home.
什么都比家里的紧张气氛好。

line sth (with sth)
(用…)做衬里:
Line the pan with greaseproof paper.
在烤盘里垫一层防油纸。

be to
(表示安排或计划时用):
They are to be married in June.
他们计划于六月份结婚。

分享到