BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第78期:晚宴项目
日期:2016-06-03 11:43

(单词翻译:单击)

原文赏析

Mate, I can't wait to taste these finished dishes.
我已经等不及品尝做好的菜肴了
Dude, remember, we've got to choose just one of them for Susan and Leonie to cook at our Sunday dinner banquet.
但是记住我们只能选择一道菜作为我们博览会晚宴的项目
What a choice! Poached turbot with prawn sauce.
虾酱比目鱼
Or, a beautiful roast saddle of venison.
烤鹿腿肉
How fabulous.
太棒了
Let us hope I can do this properly. Oh!
希望我做的不错
Thank you. It's gorgeous.
感谢 太香了
Oh, look at that. Oh, I'm excited!
快看 我好兴奋
The fish has such a creamy texture.
鱼的口感非常软嫩
Is it OK? Yes. Yes. It's fab.
好吃吗 太好吃
I love cooking with Leonie, she's so calm.
我喜欢和勒妮一起做菜 她很冷静
No it's... Seriously, it's wonderful and...and I...I just sort of feel,she's doing one thing, I'm doing the other. It will all come together.
她做一件 我在旁边做另一件 感觉融合在一起
And now for the juniper marinated venison.
现在是鹿肉
This was one of Susan's mum's favourite dishes, so it's really important for Susan that she's got it right.
苏珊妈妈最爱这道菜 所以她不容有失
What's it like? Wow! Oh, it's wonderful. Is it good? Oh, yeah. It's very good.That's very, very good.
怎么样 好吃 非常好
What's great about recipes as well, you still feel really quite connected to the past, don't you?
这个菜谱的另一点好处在于 你能感觉到过去的风味
Because there's flavours there that are very evocative. Absolutely.And smells of emotion and, you know? Yes. Yes.
能够重新激活你的味蕾 让人情绪万千
And one of the recipes I very nearly suggested to you was simnel cake which is a cake that was made by daughters for mothers and it was a present to show their mother that they could cook.
我其实很想推荐你西梅尔蛋糕 这是女儿做给母亲以表示自己能够下厨的礼物
You've just blown my wife clean out of the water, because every year... Every year she does that for her mam.
我太太会做这个 每年她都会为她母亲做这道点心
It's just been a tradition. And through her family, all the time. They're just ordinary folk.
已经成了传统 她们家一直这样 她们也只是寻常百姓
Every year she does it as a present to her mam. Yes. Yes.
每年她都会做这个礼物给她母亲
How mad. I really didn't know that.She went, "It's just a tradition thing."That's why. That's why.
太疯狂了 我还真的不知道这么巧 她说 这是传统 这就是原因
We'd love you to come to our recipe fair.
我们想邀请你去我们的食物博览会
It's like a big event, a festival - call it what you will but it's a gathering of like-minded people who'll swap recipes, we're going to eat, chat and absolutely celebrate good food.
很盛大的集会 节日 趣味相同的人们相聚在一起交流食谱 品尝 聊天 还有庆祝美味的食物
Are you up for it? Bring your recipes, bring your family.
你们想来吗 带上食谱和家人
We'd love to.
我们很乐意
Thank you for your hospitality.
谢谢你的招待
It's a pleasure. A great pleasure.
我们也很愉快
Now that's proper posh nosh.
真是奢华的一顿
Maybe not for every Sunday, but the sheer class of the Rothschild family heritage shows through in the ingredients and the classic techniques.
也许不是每周皆如此 但是罗斯柴尔德家族的品味都体现在了这道菜肴的食材和厨艺之中
But, for our Sunday banquet, I reckon we've got to have that turbot, mate.
但是我觉得我们应该选择那道比目鱼作为我们的晚宴项目
It's such a great dish, created with some really classy old-fashioned cooking methods.
非常好的菜肴 运用了古老的经典烹饪方法
Just as relevant now, Dave, as 400 years ago.
似乎蕴含400年历史
Yeah and it will be in 400 years' time.
今后也会如此
That was food I would enjoy in a restaurant or in somebody's home.
我会很享受在餐馆里或是别人家里享用这道菜的
视频简介
视频简介
BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。

重点讲解

讲解:

connect sb / sth (with sb / sth)
注意到…有关联;把…联系起来

There was nothing to connect him with the crime.
他与那起犯罪毫无关联。

reckon that
想;认为:

I reckon (that) I'm going to get that job.
我认为我会得到那份工作。

hospitality suite
(款待客人、顾客等的)食物,饮料,服务;款待(套间)

We were entertained in the company's hospitality suite.
公司款待我们住进他们的迎宾套间。

have class
优雅;典雅;高超:

She has class all right—she looks like a model.
她的确丰姿嫺雅,看上去像模特儿一样。

be up for sth
愿意参与(某活动):

We're going clubbing tonight. Are you up for it ?
我们今晚去夜总会,你愿意来吗?

blow sb / sth out of the water
(以更加优异者)表明…不好,显得…差得多:
A DVD music system plays discs that look like CDs, but blows them out of the water.
DVD 音乐播放机里放的碟片看似 CD,却要比 CD 强多了。

evocative (of sth)
引起记忆的;唤起感情的:

Her new book is wonderfully evocative of village life.
她的新书唤起人们对乡村生活的美好感情。

分享到