BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第45期:制作露莎天粮
日期:2016-04-18 14:39

(单词翻译:单击)

双语文本

Now, we just need one more mum to cook her show off delights at our recipe fair.
现在我们需要再找一位在我们食物博览会烹制食物的妈妈
You know, mate, some food cultures are famous for their show off dishes but I don't necessarily think of Estonian cuisine as being one of them.
你知道有些食物文化就是因炫耀食物闻名吗?但是我不认为爱沙尼亚菜肴是其中之一
No dude, not by a long chalk.
远远不是
Being one of the Baltic states annexed by the Soviet Union doesn't sound like a recipe for food flamboyance to me.
作为前苏联的波罗的海诸国之一对我而言不像有什么炫耀食物
Oh, hello. So when we heard from Eele telling us about her Estonian family show off dishes we were intrigued.

所以当我们听埃拉告诉我们她的爱沙尼亚家族炫耀食物的时候我们都很好奇
Eele now lives in Bristol with Howard, her British husband,and Ruben, their baby son.
埃拉现在和英国丈夫霍华德还有孩子罗本住在布里斯托
Like our other mums before her,Eele will be showing off with a pud.
埃拉也要做一个布丁
Bring on the Roosa Manna!
露莎天粮
So manna is semolina?
天粮就是粗粒小麦粉吗?
It is semolina, yes.
是的
Is that like manna from heaven?
来自天堂的粮食。
Exactly. That's how I know,somewhere I read it and they said manna and I said oh, you know that word in English as well and they said no actually it's called semolina but yeah, we still call it manna.

我看过书上说,英语中两个词都是这个意思
I've got, um... . What's that?My redcurrant juice.
这是啥? 红醋栗汁
Been picking some redcurrants and making some juice out of that.

摘了一点红醋栗做成果汁
Eele dilutes two cups of homemade redcurrant juice with two cups of water and just enough sugar to sweeten it.

用两杯水稀释两杯家酿红醋栗汁,然后加入足够分量的糖
On what special occasions would you serve this?
你们什么时候做这些菜?
When I go home from England...
从英国回家
My sister is studying in Poland at the moment, she comes home from there in sort of summer time and yeah, the rest of the family who lives around Estonia anyway, we all get together and say hmmm, what do we fancy today?
我的姐姐在波兰学习,她会在暑假回家,家里的人都在爱沙尼亚各个地方住着,但是我们会相聚在一起,然后做菜
Hmmm Roosa Manna. Roosa Manna.
露莎天粮
I don't know about you, dude, but this is undiscovered, undiscovered kind of territory for me.
我不知道你怎么看,但这个我从来没尝过
To some extent. I also think it's the essence of our journey.
一定程度上这也是我们旅行的目的
Absolutely. You know, we're finding what we set out to discover and it's dead exciting. Yeah it's great.
确实,我们出发的目的就是探索未知,太令人兴奋了。
So whenever this starts boiling we'll put the manna in.

开始沸腾时加入天粮
He's the manna man.
天粮使者
Right so it's boiling, let's put it in then. Just do that gently.
沸腾了,加进去吧。轻一点
That's it. That's the skill so you don't get lumps.
否则会凝结成块
It's a great colour. It is isn't it?
颜色很漂亮
Matches your top. Yes. Thank you.
和你的衣服很搭
After just a couple of minutes of simmering Eele plunges the pan into cold water.
文火煮几分钟后,把锅放进冷水里
It's like a reverse bainm Marie isn't it? Yes.
就像是隔水炖锅反过来。
It's a cooling marie.
这是冷却锅
Well, here's where the recipe takes a bit of a left turn.
美食大变身的时候到了
With a whisk Eele sets to work beating air into the pink semolina.
用搅拌机将空气打入,颜色开始变成粉红色
All right, now it's going white now isn't it, a very pale pink.
现在变白了,淡粉色
Rose coloured. Now I've never whisked semolina before, have you?
玫红色。我还没有打过天粮,你呢?
Never. Right. You know, it's the Estonian version of Angel Delight.
我也从没打过。这是爱沙尼亚版的天使甜点。
You have to put it in the desert bowls now at this stage.
放入甜点碗里。
Oh, wow. Oh, look, it's folding and lovely.
倒入的样子真漂亮
Because later on there's another little surprise at the end. Oh.
结尾有小惊喜
Oh, that's such a lovely thing to look at. Mmm.
看起来真漂亮
Right, that's it.
是的
Licking the pan!
我负责舔锅!
I got there first, ha-ha-ha.
我先到先得!
Here we go. Thank you.
开动。谢谢!
And that's the Rosa Manna.
露莎天粮
Give it here.
先放在这
Oh, oh, oh, yeah.

It's lovely.
太棒了
I've got terrible memories of semolina from school.
我上学时很不喜欢天粮
Oh, yeah. I can remember having to eat tapioca.
我也能记得不得不吃树薯粉
But this is a revelation.
但这个让我的印象改观了
I bet it's going to be a hit at our recipe fair.
一定会在博览会大受欢迎

视频简介

视频简介

BBC纪录片《老妈私房菜》汇集了奶奶,妈妈和女儿等几位爱做饭的人,以确保这些珍贵的历史文献为未来我们共同的民族美食被保存。每周的菜谱公平都有不同的主题,如《星期天的晚餐,展示晚餐,野餐,生日聚会,家庭最爱和简单的晚餐,和所有的配方适合这一主题。每个的核心是妈妈知道最好的宴会,满足了三位VIP妈妈展示一个伟大的家庭食谱需要与国家共享。


重点讲解

讲解:
show sb / sth off
炫耀;卖弄;显示:
He likes to show off how well he speaks French.
他喜欢向人展示他法语讲得有多好。

come as / be a revelation (to sb)
让人大开眼界;令人耳目一新;出乎意料

The dish came as a revelation to the guests.
这道菜让嘉宾耳目一新。

lick sth
舔:

He licked his fingers.
他舔了一下自己的手指。

not by a long chalk
差得远;绝不;一点也不:

It's not over yet—not by a long chalk.
这事还没有了结——远远没有。

intrigue sb
激起…的兴趣;引发…的好奇心:

You've really intrigued me—tell me more!
你说的真有意思——再给我讲一些吧!

dilute sth (with sth)
稀释;冲淡

The paint can be diluted with water to make a lighter shade.
这颜料可用水稀释以使色度淡一些。


分享到
重点单词
  • reversen. 相反,背面,失败,倒档 adj. 反面的,相反的,
  • intriguen. 阴谋,复杂的事,私通 vt. 欺骗,激起 ...
  • essencen. 本质,精髓,要素,香精
  • flamboyancen. 艳丽,浮夸,炫耀
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • sweetenv. (使)变甜,使愉悦,净化
  • territoryn. 领土,版图,领域,范围
  • revelationn. 揭露,泄露,发觉
  • undiscoveredadj. 未被发现的;未勘探的
  • recipen. 食谱,秘诀,药方