365天英语口语之出国旅游口语(MP3+文本) 第64期:就诊
日期:2015-04-21 15:07

(单词翻译:单击)

惯用口语

1.惯用口语句子:

I've been sick for two weeks.
我病了两周了。
This started 3 days ago.
三天前发病的。

I've had this before.
我以前得过这个病。
This problem runs in the family.
家族里都得过这个病。

I was under another doctor's care before.
我之前接受过另外—名医生的治疗。
I haven't seen a doctor yet.
我还没有看过医生。

I'm bleeding.
我流血了。
It won't stop bleeding.
血止不住。
bleed v. 出血

I should first let you know I'm pregnant.
我得先跟您说一下我怀孕了。
Do I need to have a blood test?
我需要验血吗?
pregnant a. 怀孕的

When should the results be back?
检验结果什么时候出来?
Will the results be back in a week?
检验结果一周后能出来吗?

Do you think it's serious, Doc?
医生,您觉得这病严重吗?
Can it be cured?
速病能治好吗?
doc n. 医生 ( = doctor )
cure v. 治愈,治疗


Do I need an injection?
我需要打针吗?
surgery n. 手术
injection n. 注射,打针

Are you going to give me a prescription?
您准备给我开药吗?
Please give me something for the pain.
请给我开点止痛药。
prescription n. .处方,药方
pain n. 疼痛


Do I need to be hospitalized?
我需要住院接受治疗吗?
Do I have to stay in the hospital?
我必须住院吗?
How long do I need to stay here?
我得在这儿住院多久?
hospitalize v.使住院治疗

I can't afford the treatment.
我负担不起这样的治疗。
afford v. 负担得起
treatment n. 治疗


When should I come to see you again?
我什么时候再来?
Do I need to come again?
我需要再来吗?

实用对话

2.实用对话

Seeing a Doctor就诊

Doctor: Well, what seems to be the trouble, Mr. Williams?
医生:成廉姆斯先生,你哪里不舒服?
Tony: It's nothing serious actually. Doctor. It's... well... you see, I get tired very easily recently, and I often doze off during meetings, office hours, talking on the phone and sometimes even while I'm dining.
托尼:事实上也不太严重,是…嗯…最近我非常容易疲倦,在开会、上班、打电话、有时甚至是吃饭的时候经常打瞌睡、
Doctor: How long has this been going on?
医生:有多长时间了?
Tony: I've been like this for about two months.
托尼:我像这样大概有两个月了。
Doctor: How is your appetite?
医生:你的胃口好吗?
Tony: Pretty good. I'd say.
托尼:我得说还不错。
Doctor: You haven't lost any weight, have you?
医生:你没有瘦吧?
Tony: No, Doctor. I've actually put on two pounds.
托尼:没有,医生。实际上,我还胖了两磅呢。
Doctor: Unbutton your shirt, please. I'll make a preliminary examination of you. Then I'll send you for a head x-ray and maybe an MRI scan.
医生:请把衬衣扣子解开.我来给你做个初步检查,然后送你去照个头部的X光,或者做个核磁共振。
Tony: Do you think it's serious, Doc?
托尼:医生,你觉得严重吗?
Doctor: Doesn't sound like it, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
医生:看起来不像,不过还是谨慎小心为妙,以防万一。

详细解说

3.详细解说

1.“What seems to be the trouble?”在这里的意思是“你哪里不舒服?”是医生问病人时说的话,另外,也可用“What's your complaint?”,
2.“doze off“意为“打瞌睡,打盹”,例如:I must have dozed off.(我肯定是打盹了。)
3.“better(to be)safe than sorry”意为“谨慎小心为妙,以防万一”。其字面意思为“谨慎小心总比将来后悔要好”,英文解释为“it's better to be careful. even if this takes time. effort etc, than take a risk that may have a bad result”,例如:Set the alarm clock - better safe than sorry!(定上闹钟吧——小心为妙!)

4.文化洗礼

美国医生分为两类在美国,医生分为两类。
一类是把诊所开在病人居住地附近的家庭医生。他知道他的大部分病人的名字,也常常为一家人做健康检查。
另一类医生是专科医生。这种医生对专门的病症很有研究。家庭医生会把有特殊健康问题(如心脏问题或骨折)的病人转交给专科医生。病人也可以直接去看专科医生。
这两种医生看病收费都很高。另外,美国的药品也比中国的贵很多。因此,在美国,医疗保险至关重要。

分享到