365天英语口语之出国旅游口语(MP3+文本) 第55期:寄取包裹
日期:2015-03-24 15:33

(单词翻译:单击)

惯用口语

1.惯用口语句子:

Do you handle parcel post?
你们这儿能寄包裹邮件吗?
handle v. 处理
parcel n. 小包,包裹

I want to send this package to America.
= I'd like to mail this parcel to America.
我要把这个包裹寄到美国。
package n. 包裹

Is my packing OK?
我这样包装可以吗?
packing n. 包装

What does it contain?
里面装的是什么?
contain v. 包含,容纳

The limit is 15 pounds per package.
每包重量限量十五磅。
limit n. 限度,限制
per表示“每”相当于“for each”。

I'd like to send this parcel by registered sea mail.
这个包裹我想寄海运挂号。
I'd like to send this parcel by airmail.
我想用航空邮件寄这个包裹。
Is it necessary to put my return address on?
有必要写上回邮地址吗?
return address”寄信人地址,回邮地址”

Is it necessary to do.“表示“有必要做…吗?”。
Can I mail this package by EMS?
我这个包裹可以用特快专递寄吗?
EMS=Express Mail Service“特快专递”

I'd like to pick up my package.
我想取包裹。
Can I pick up a package for others?
我能替别人取包裹吗?
pick up“捡起,获得,认领,索取”

This is the parcel arrival notice and my ID card.
这是包裹通知单和我的身份证。
arrival n.抵达,到达
ID= identification是“身份证明,身份证”的意思。

I'd like a return receipt,please.
= Return receipt requested, please.
我想要回执。
receipt n. 收条,收据
request v. 要求,请求
return receipt“回执”


实用对话

2.实用对话

Sending a Package寄包裹

Jenny: Excuse me. I want to send this small package to Macao. How much is the postage?
珍妮:打扰一下,我要把这个小包裹寄到澳门,邮费是多少?
Clerk: I have to weigh it to see. Do you want it insured?
职员:我得称一下包裹才知道。你要保险吗?
Jenny: No. It's just a souvenir for my brother.
珍妮:不要,里面只是一件送给我兄弟的纪念品。
Clerk: Do you want to send it by airmail or by ordinary mail?
职员:你要航空邮寄还是寄平邮?
Jenny: By airmail, please.
珍妮:航空邮寄。
Clerk: That will be twelve dallors.
职员:要十二美元。
Jenny: Here you are. One hundred dallors. By the way, is there a way that I can be sure that my package will be received?
珍妮:给你一百美元。顺便问一句,我有什么办法能确认我的包裹收到了呢?
Clerk: The post office rarely loses packages. You can, however, request a return receipt. Here's your change. madam.
职员:邮局很少弄丢包裹,不过你可以索要回执。这是找你的零钱,女士。
Jenny: OK. I'll do that. I'd like a return receipt, please. Thank you very much.
珍妮:好的,我要回执。非常感谢。
Clerk: You're welcome.
职员:不客气。

详细解说

3.详细解说

1.“by the way”常译为“顺便提一句,顺便问一下”。例如:By the way, have you seen my keys anywhere?(顺便问一下,你有没有在什么地方看到我的钥匙?)
2.“...is there is a way that_?”表示“…有办法(做)…吗?”其中“way”表示“方法.方式”。例如:There are several different ways we can solve this problem.(我们有好几种方法
解决这个问题。)Evening classes are one way of meeting new people.(上夜校是结识人的一种方
法。)There's no way of knowing if the treatment will work. (没办法知道这种治疗方法是不是有效。)
3."The post office rarely loses packages." 一句中,"rarely"意为“很少,极少有地,少见地”。例如:She rarely watches TV.(她很少看电视。)Alan rarely talked about his own work.
(艾伦很少谈论他自己的工作。)需要注意的是,若将“rarely”放在句首以表示强调时,句子需要倒装,例如:Rarely does she eat beef.(她很少吃牛肉。)

分享到