(单词翻译:单击)
惯用口语
1.惯用口语句子:
The expiration date of my passport is August, 2011.
我护照的有效期到2011年8月。
My passport will expire in two months.
我的护照两个月后失效。
expiration n. 终结,期满
expire v. 满期, (期限)终止
My passport is valid for three years.
我的护照有效期是三年。
valid a. 有效的
This is the first time I've applied for my passport.
这是我第一次申请到护照。
apply v.申请,应用
apply for“请求,申请”
My passport has expired.
我的护照已经过期了。
I'd like to apply for an extension.
我想申请延期。
extension n. 延长,延期
I got my passport last week.
我上周拿了护照。
I don't know when I can get my passport.
我不知道什么时候能够拿到护照。
I'd like to apply for a tourist visa.
我想申请旅游签证。
常见签证种类:exit/entry/transit/work/student/tourist visa出境/入境/过境/工作/学生/旅游签证。
My visa application has been granted.
我的签证申请批准了。
application n. 申请,请求,申请表
Under most circumstances you will have to go to a visa office for an interview.
大多数情况下你必须去签证处面试。
circumstance n. 环境,情况
interview n. & v. 面试
Are you a visa officer?
您是签证官吗?
Are you the visa officer who is going to interview me?
您是面试我的签证官吗?
I'd like to travel there.
我想去那里旅游。
I want to spend my holiday there.
我想去那里度假?
I'm planning to stay there for 3 months.
我想在那里待3个月。
I plan to depart next month.
我打算下个月动身.
depart v. 动身,出发,起程,离开
I'd like to extend my visa.
我想延长我的签证。
extend v. 延长,延期
实用对话
2.实用对话
Getting a Visa办理签证
Wang Mei: Are you a visa officer?
王梅:您是签证官吗?
Visa Officer: Yes. Please take a seat You want to go to New York right?
签证官:是的。请坐。你想去纽约,是吗?
Wang Mei: Yes. My uncle is living there. He would like to transfer ownership of his property to me. I'd be very grateful if
you would let me go there to handle all the legal formalities.
王梅:是的。我叔叔住在那儿。他打算把财产所有权转让给我。如果您能让我去那里办理所有的法律手续,我将不胜感激。
Visa Officer: OK. What kinds of contagious diseases have you suffered from?
签证官:好的。你以前得过什么传染病吗?
Wang Mei: None.
王梅:什么病也没有得过。
Visa Officer: When are you planning to depart?
签证官:你准备什么时候动身呢?
Wang Mei: Some time around the middle or end of next month.
王梅:下个月中旬或月底吧。
Visa Officer: OK. we'll complete the formalities for your entry visa of your trip to New York as soon as possible. We'll let
you know once it comes through.
签证官:好的,我们会尽快办完你去纽约的入境签证手续。一旦办完,我们就通知你。
Wang Mei: Thank you very much.
王梅:太谢谢了。
Visa Officer: You are welcome.
签证官:不客气。
详细解说
3.详细解说
1.“legal formalities”指“法律手续”。
2.“once”在对话中是“一旦,一经…便…”的意思,相当于“as soon as”。例如: Once you talk to him. you will know he is a good
person.(你只要和他一交谈,就会知道他是个好人。)Once I get him a job,he will be happy.(一旦我给他找到了工作,他就会高兴了。)
3.词组“come through”可以表示“正式批准下来”。用英语可以解释为: be made official especially by having the correct
documents officially approved。例如: I'm still waiting for my divorce to come through (我还在等着我的离婚批下来。)另外,这
个词组还可以表示“(消息、信息等)到达(某个地方)”。例如:We're still waiting for our exam results to come through.(我们仍然在等着考试成绩发下来。)
文化洗礼
4.文化洗礼
护照及签证
护照是证明其持有人作为一国公民的旅行证件。护照还要求别国给其持有人以安全通过权,并给予各种合法的帮助与保护。有时在获准进入某些国家之前,还必须同时持有官方签署的证明。一般来说,政府签发的护照有三种:外交护照、公务护照和普通护照,其中普通护照又分为因公普通护照和因私普通护照。
许多国家不要求某些特定国家的公民持有护照,比如美国公民在进入加拿大、墨西哥等国家时就不需要持有护照。
签证是目的地国家的政府官员在护照上签署的证明,以表明该护照已被检验并得到批准,持有者可以进入该国家。