365天英语口语之出国旅游口语(MP3+文本) 第54期:邮寄信件
日期:2015-03-23 15:38

(单词翻译:单击)

惯用口语

1.惯用口语句子:
Can I buy some stamps and envelopes here?
这儿卖邮票和信封吗?
I need some stamps for this letter.
我想买几张邮票寄这封信。
stamp n.邮票
envelope n. 信封


Do you have bigger envelopes?
有大一点的信封吗?
I need a smaller envelope.
我需要一个小一点的信封。

I need an 80-cent stamp.
我需要一张8角钱的邮票。
I'd like $ 5.5-worth of stamps.
我要买5.5美元的邮票。
worth n.价值

I wonder if this letter is overweight.
不知道这封信有没有超重。
Can you weigh this?
你能称一下吗?
overweight a. 超重的,过重的
weigh v. 称…重量


I need to go to express mail.
我要用特快专递方式邮寄。
express a. 快递的,急速的

Airmail, please.
= By airmail. please.
= Please send this letter by airmail.
请用航空信方式邮寄。

I need to send this as regular post.
我要以普通方式投寄。
regular a. 反常规的,平常的

Gould you lend me the glue?
你能把胶水借我用一下吗?
Where is the glue?
胶水在哪里?
Do you have glue here?
你们这里有胶水吗?
glue n. 胶水

May I have the zip code for Vancouver?
= Can I have the zip code for Vancouver?
= Would you give me the zip code for Vancouver?
能把温哥华的邮政编码告诉我吗?
Vancouver n. 温哥华(加拿大)
zip code(美)=postcode(英)“邮政编码”


How much postage postage does this need?
= How much postage do I need for this?
这邮件邮资是多少?
How much postage do I need to send this airmail?
这个航空邮件的邮资是多少?
postage n. 邮资

实用对话

2.实用对话

Mailing a Letter寄信

Clerk: Good afternoon! May I help you?
职员:下午好,我能为你做些什么?
Bob: I need some stamps for this letter.
鲍勃:我想买一些邮票寄这封信。
Clerk: What kind of stamps do you want?
职员:你想要什么样的邮票?
Bob: This kind of stamp is beautiful. How many do I need for this letter?
鲍勃:这种邮票很漂亮。我寄这封信得买几张?
Clerk: I need to weigh it first. Er... it's five grams overweight. Do you want to send it as regular post or as a registered letter?
职员:我得先称一称。呃…超重五克。你想寄平信还是挂号信?
Bob: I want it registered. How much is it then?
鲍勃:我想寄挂号信,要多少钱?
Clerk: Registration plus overweight.. Er... five pounds in all. You can stick five stamps on the envelope.
职员:挂号加超重…呃…总共五英镑。你可以在信封上贴五张邮票。
Bob: Here's a 1O-pound bill.
鲍勃:这是十英镑。
Clerk: Here's your receipt, and the change. If you are interested. we have a special collectors' addition stamp series this year. It is on sale right now for 30% off.
职员:你的收据及找你的钱。如果你感兴趣的话,今年我们特别推出了收藏家附加邮票系列,现在打七折降价销售。
Bob: No, thanks. I'm actually not a collector.
鲍勃:不了,谢谢。我可不是收藏家。

详细解说

3.详细解说

1.“in all”的意思是“总共”。例如:In all,there were 215 candidates.(总共有215个候选人。)We received £1,550 in cash and promises of another£650,making£2.200 in all.(我
们收到1550英镑现金,再加上另外承诺的650英镑,总共是2200英镑。)I think there are about 25 of us in all.(我想我们总共大概有25人。)
2.“collectors' addition stamp series”中的“series”意为“系列”。另外“a series of...”表示“一系列的…”。例如:This autumn the BBC will be showing a series of French films.
(今天秋天,BBC(英国广播公司)将会播出一系列的法国电影。)Staff will hold a series of meetings over the next few weeks.(接下来的几周,全体职员将举行一系列的会议。)I'm
dreaming to get a science fiction series.(我梦想得到一套科幻系列小说。)

文化洗礼

4.文化洗礼

英文信封的格式

信封格式是指写信人的姓名地址、收信人的姓名地址以及信封上所需附注的说明等在信封上的位置及排列顺序。
写信人的姓名地址通常写在信封左上角,也可将其写在信封背面中上方。公函和业务函的信封左上角一般已印好写信人的地址。收信人的姓名地址位于信封中央或右下方。
齐头式或缩进式均可采用,目前大多采用齐头式。但无论何种形式,均须与信笺上的姓名地址一致。

分享到