艾伦脱口秀EllenShow附中英字幕第31期:平生最可怕的事
日期:2015-10-24 20:42

(单词翻译:单击)

艾伦脱口秀

Last week while driving with her one-year old son
今天的第一位嘉宾 上周带着
our first guest experienced the most frightening event of her life.
她一岁的儿子开车时 经历了平生最可怕的事
Thankfully a hero appeared on the busy highway to save the day from Springfield Minnesota.
庆幸的是 一位来自斯普林菲尔德明尼苏达州的英雄 在拥堵的高速公路上出手相助 让他们转危为安
Please welcome Sara Sorby.Boy, oh boy. Okay.
让我们欢迎萨拉·索比 天哪 喔

So you're, you are driving, and you're driving your one
所以 你当时在开车 而且带着你一岁的儿子
Ben is his name? - Yes So you are driving Ben,your one-year old son, to a doctor's appointment?
他叫本 是吗 -对 你开车载着本 你一岁大的儿子 去看医生吗
Yes. - So was he sick?He has some medical issues we are trying to figure out,
对 -他病了吗 他身体有点问题 我们正想办法查明病因
so he has doctor's appointment just about every other week.
所以他每隔一周就要去看医生
Wow, okay, so that's stressful enough. - Yeah.
好吧 压力已经够大了 -确实
So you are driving him and what happens?
你开车载着他 然后发生了什么
I was driving and my f pedal of my car kind of started skipping.
我当时正开着车 汽车的油门踏板突然开始跳动
So I called my dad and I said what should I do, my car isn't working. And he said," you need to pull it over."
然后我给我父亲打电话告诉他 我车出问题了 应该怎么办 他让我把车停到路边
So I was in the left lane,and needed to get all the way to the right lane.
我当时在左车道 要想办法开到右车道去
And my accelerator pedal just stopped working,and I watched the speedometer just dropped on my car.
但车的油门踏板完全失灵了 我看到汽车表盘上的速度一直往下掉
So I basically kind of coasted over to the right lane.
我当时算是滑向右车道的
And I went to brake.And my brake wouldn't work,so I just kind of shifted it to the park,and my car started filling with smoke.
然后我又踩刹车 结果发现刹车也坏了 所以我就换到停车档 然后车开始冒烟了

词汇解析

1、appointment
任命;委派;指派
His appointment to the Cabinet would please the right-wing.
他被任命为内阁成员会让右翼党派很高兴。
his appointment as foreign minister in 1985.
在1985年他被委任为外交部长
约会;约定
She has an appointment with her accountant.
她和她的会计约好了见面。
I made an appointment to see a specialist.
我约好去见一位专家。
职位;职务
Mr Fay is to take up an appointment as a researcher with the Royal Society.
费伊先生将担任皇家学会研究员的职务。
2、accelerate
(使)加快;(使)增速
Growth will accelerate to 2.9 per cent next year.
明年的增长会加快到2.9%。
The government is to accelerate its privatisation programme.
政府将加快其私有化计划的进程。
(运动中的车辆)加速
Suddenly the car accelerated.
汽车突然加速。
She accelerated away from the kerb.
她加速驶离了马路牙子。

视频直播

分享到
重点单词
  • accountantn. 会计人员
  • acceleratevt. 加速,提前,跳级 vi. 加速
  • pedaln. 踏板 adj. 脚的,踏脚的 v. 用脚踏动,踩踏
  • stressfuladj. 紧张的,压力重的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • experiencedadj. 有经验的
  • cabinetn. 橱柜,内阁 adj. 私人的
  • braken. 闸,刹车,制动器 v. 刹车 n. 矮树林,
  • frighteningadj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的