乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第418期:iCEO(4)
日期:2018-06-25 10:22

(单词翻译:单击)

When Michael Dell was asked at a computer trade show in October 1997
在1997年10月的一次计算机展销会上,迈克尔·戴尔被问到
what he would do if he were Steve Jobs and taking over Apple,
如果他是史蒂夫·乔布斯并接管了苹果,会怎么做,
he replied, "I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."
戴尔回答说:“我会关闭公司,把钱还给股东。”
Jobs fired off an email to Dell.
乔布斯怒气冲冲地给戴尔发了封邮件。
"CEOs are supposed to have class," it said. "I can see that isn't an opinion you hold."
“CEO应该是有些档次的邮件中写道,“我能看得出,你不那么想。”
Jobs liked to stoke up rivalries as a way to rally his team
乔布斯喜欢通过树敌来鼓舞他的团队
he had done so with IBM and Microsoft-- and he did so with Dell.
他对IBM和微软都这样做过--对戴尔也是如此。
When he called together his managers to institute a build-to-order system for manufacturing and distribution,
他召集管理层启动一个为制造和销售设计的按订单生产系统时,
Jobs used as a backdrop a blown-up picture of Michael Dell with a target on his face.
把迈克尔·戴尔的照片放大放在屏幕上,还在他脸上画了个靶子。

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

"We're coming after you, buddy," he said to cheers from his troops.
“我们来找你麻烦了,老兄。”他说道,他的队伍一阵欢呼。
One of his motivating passions was to build a lasting company.
他的动力源泉之一,就是要打造一家基业长青的公司。
At age twelve, when he got a summer job at Hewlett-Packard,
12岁那年,他在惠普公司做暑期兼职时就学习到,
he learned that a properly run company could spawn innovation far more than any single creative individual.
一家妥善经营的公司能够大量催生创新,远胜于任何一个有创造性的个人。
"I discovered that the best innovation is sometimes the company, the way you organize a company," he recalled.
“我发现有时最好的创新就是公司,你组织一家公司的方式,”他回忆说,
"The whole notion of how you build a company is fascinating.
“如何建设一家公司,这整个概念都让人着迷。
When I got the chance to come back to Apple,
当我有机会回到苹果时我意识到,
I realized that I would be useless without the company, and that's why I decided to stay and rebuild it."
如果没有这家公司我就毫无价值,因此我决定留下来重新建设它。”

分享到