乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第182期:出埃及记(2)
日期:2016-07-08 14:08

(单词翻译:单击)

By early 1985 Burrell Smith was also ready to leave.
1985年初,伯勒尔·史密斯也准备离开苹果。
He had worried that it would be hard to quit if Jobs tried to talk him out of it;
但他又担心,如果乔布斯试图说服他留下,那么自己就很难离开。
the reality distortion field was usually too strong for him to resist.
乔布斯的现实扭曲力场太强大了,史密斯难以抗拒。
So he plotted with Hertzfeld how he could break free of it.
于是,他同赫茨菲尔德一起商量如何冲破乔布斯的现实扭曲力场。
"I've got it!" he told Hertzfeld one day.
“我想到了! ”有一天,他告诉赫茨菲尔德说,
"I know the perfect way to quit that will nullify the reality distortion field.
“我想到了一个完美的辞职方法能抵抗他的现实扭曲力场。
I'll just walk into Steve's office, pull down my pants, and urinate on his desk.
我会走进史蒂夫的办公室,脱掉裤子,在他的办公桌上小便。
What could he say to that? It's guaranteed to work."
对这种事他还能说什么呢?这方法肯定能行。”
The betting on the Mac team was that even brave Burrell Smith would not have the gumption to do that.
而Mac团队打赌,即便再勇敢,伯勒尔·史密斯也没胆量这么做。

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

When he finally decided he had to make his break,
他终于决定要豁出去了,
around the time of Jobs's birthday bash, he made an appointment to see Jobs.
在乔布斯生日聚会前后,他同乔布斯约好了见面。
He was surprised to find Jobs smiling broadly when he walked in.
当史密斯走进乔布斯的办公室时,他惊奇地发现乔布斯笑得很开心。
"Are you gonna do it? Are you really gonna do it?" Jobs asked.
“你真的要那么做吗?真的要那么做吗?”乔布斯问他。
He had heard about the plan. Smith looked at him.
他已经听说了史密斯的计划。史密斯看着乔布斯。
"Do I have to? I'll do it if I have to."
“我真的有必要这么做吗?如果万不得已,我会的。”
Jobs gave him a look, and Smith decided it wasn't necessary.
乔布斯看了他一眼,史密斯又觉得确实没必要这么做。
So he resigned less dramatically and walked out on good terms.
于是,他的辞职并没有那么戏剧化,而且他离开的时候拿到了很好的条件。
He was quickly followed by another of the great Macintosh engineers, Bruce Horn.
很快,另一位了不起的麦金塔工程师布鲁斯·霍恩也决定离开。
When Horn went in to say good-bye, Jobs told him,
当他跟乔布斯告别的时候,乔布斯说:
"Everything that's wrong with the Mac is your fault."
“Mac的所有问题都是你的错。”
Horn responded, "Well, actually, Steve, a lot of things that are right with the Mac are my fault,
霍恩回答道:“好吧,史蒂夫,事实上,Mac的许多好处也是我的错,
and I had to fight like crazy to get those things in."
我还得像疯了似的把这些好处都给弄进去。”
"You're right," admitted Jobs. "I'll give you 15,000 shares to stay."
没错。”乔布斯认可了这一回应,“如果你留下,我就给你15000股股票。”
When Horn declined the offer, Jobs showed his warmer side.
霍恩拒绝了,乔布斯就展现出自己温柔的一面。
"Well, give me a hug," he said. And so they hugged.
“好吧,来给我个拥抱。”他说。于是,他俩拥抱在一起。

分享到