乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第180期:三十岁(2)
日期:2016-07-01 14:09

(单词翻译:单击)

"It's rare that you see an artist in his 30s or 40s able to really contribute something amazing,"
“一个艺术家到了三四十岁还能做出惊人的东西来,这是很罕见的。”
Jobs said wistfully to the writer David Sheff,
乔布斯对作家戴维·谢菲说道,言语中流露出渴望之情。
who published a long and intimate interview in Playboy the month he turned thirty.
谢菲于乔布斯30岁生日的当月,在《花花公子》杂志上发表了一篇言语亲密的长篇访谈。
"Of course, there are some people who are innately curious,
“当然,有些人天生就有求知欲,
forever little kids in their awe of life, but they're rare."
永远像小孩一样对生命充满敬畏,但是这种人很少。”
The interview touched on many subjects,
这次采访涉及许多话题,
but Jobs's most poignant ruminations were about growing old and facing the future:
但是在变老和面对未来的问题上,乔布斯发出了最尖锐的反思:
Your thoughts construct patterns like scaffolding in your mind.
你的想法会在自己的头脑中创建出模式,就像脚手架一样。
You are really etching chemical patterns.
大脑中的化学反应蚀剜出思维的模式。
In most cases, people get stuck in those patterns,
在大多数情况下,人们会陷入这些模式,
just like grooves in a record, and they never get out of them.
就像唱片上的针槽,并且再也出不来了。

双语有声读物 乔布斯传

I'll always stay connected with Apple.
我会永远保持与苹果的关系。
I hope that throughout my life
我希望这一生,
I'll sort of have the thread of my life and the thread of Apple weave in and out of each other, like a tapestry.
能让自己的生命历程和苹果的命运彼此交错,就像编织一幅挂毯那样。
There may be a few years when I'm not there, but I'll always come back.
可能我会离开苹果几年,但我终究是会回来的。
If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much.
如果你想有创造性地过自己的生活,像艺术家一样,就不能常常回顾过去。
You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away.
不管你做过什么5以前是怎么样,你都必须心甘情愿地接受一切,并将一切樾诸脑后。
The more the outside world tries to reinforce an image of you,
外界越是试图强化你的形象,
the harder it is to continue to be an artist,
你就越难继续做一名艺术家,
which is why a lot of times, artists have to say,
这也是为什么很多艺术家要说,
"Bye. I have to go. I'm going crazy and I'm getting out of here."
“再见,我得走了,我要疯了,我要离开这里。”
And they go and hibernate somewhere. Maybe later they re-emerge a little differently.
然后他们就离开了,在某处休隐。也许之后他们又会重新出现,变得有些不同。
With each of those statements, Jobs seemed to have a premonition that his life would soon be changing.
乔布斯说出这番话,似乎是有预感自己的生命将很快改变。
Perhaps the thread of his life would indeed weave in and out of the thread of Apple's.
也许他的生命历程确实会与苹果的命运彼此交错,
Perhaps it was time to throw away some of what he had been.
也许他这时候应该将过去的自己拋诸脑后,
Perhaps it was time to say "Bye, I have to go," and then reemerge later, thinking differently.
也许是时候说“再见,我得走了”,然后重新回来,带着不同的思考方式。

分享到