乔布斯传(MP3+中英字幕) 第196期:五月的关键七天(7)
日期:2016-08-18 14:17

(单词翻译:单击)

When Eisenstat asked what he meant, Sculley responded, "I think I'm going to resign."
艾森斯塔特询问他是什么意思,斯卡利回答说:“我想我会辞职。”
"You can't," Eisenstat protested. "Apple will fall apart."
“你不能,”艾森斯塔特抗议道,“苹果会垮的。”
"I'm going to resign," Sculley declared. "I don't think I'm right for the company."
“我打算辞职,”斯卡利重申道,“我觉得自己不是管理苹果的正确人选。”
"I think you're copping out," Eisenstat replied. "You've got to stand up to him." Then he drove Sculley home.
“我觉得你这是在逃避。”艾森斯塔特回答说,“你得勇敢地面对他。”然后,他开车把斯卡利送回了家。
Sculley's wife was surprised to see him back in the middle of the day.
斯卡利的妻子利兹很惊讶看到丈夫在中午就回来,
"I've failed," he said to her forlornly.
“我失败了。”他神色落寞地对利兹说。
She was a volatile woman who had never liked Jobs or appreciated her husband's infatuation with him.
利兹是个心理不稳定的女人,她从来都不喜欢乔布斯,也不赞赏丈夫对乔布斯的迷恋。

乔布斯传

So when she heard what had happened, she jumped into her car and sped over to Jobs's office.
因此,在听说发生了什么事后,她跳上自己的车,一路加速来到乔布斯的办公室。
Informed that he had gone to the Good Earth restaurant,
得知乔布斯已经前往美好地球餐厅,
she marched over there and confronted him in the parking lot as he was coming out with loyalists on his Macintosh team.
她又赶到那里。在停车场,乔布斯正同黛比·科尔曼及其他麦金塔核心成员走下车来。
"Steve, can I talk to you?" she said. His jaw dropped.
利兹径直走到他面前。“史蒂夫,能和你谈谈吗?”她说。乔布斯惊呆了。
"Do you have any idea what a privilege it has been even to know someone as fine as John Sculley?" she demanded. He averted his gaze.
“你知不知道,能认识像约翰·斯卡利这样好的人是多么难得?”她质问道。乔布斯避开了她的目光。
"Can't you look me in the eyes when I'm talking to you?" she asked.
“我跟你说话的时候你难道就不能看着我的眼睛吗?”她问。
But when Jobs did so— giving her his practiced, unblinking stare—she recoiled.
乔布斯照做了,老练地眼睛眨都不眨地盯着她,利兹反而退却了。
"Never mind, don't look at me," she said. "When I look into most people's eyes, I see a soul.
“算了,别看着我了。”她说道,“当我看大多数人的眼睛时,我能看到他们的灵魂。
When I look into your eyes, I see a bottomless pit, an empty hole, a dead zone." Then she walked away.
可我看你的眼睛时,只看到一个无底洞,一个空洞,一个死区。”说完,她就走了。

分享到