美剧精讲《美女上错身》第59期:嗓子像风琴
日期:2012-10-06 17:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Hi, I'm... here to see Jane?
嗨 我是... 过来接简的
You must be Tony.
你一定是托尼
I'm her mother, Elaine.
我是她的妈妈 伊莱恩
Hi. Nice to meet you.
嗨 很高兴见到你
Come on in!
快进来
I didn't know you, uh...
我不知道你...
Do you live here?
你住在这里吗
No. I popped in for a night or two.
不 我只是过来住上一两宿
We don't get to see each other much.
我们俩不经常见面
And here I am, stealing her away.
而现在我却要把她拐跑了
What? Oh, no. It's okay.
什么 没关系的
Hi, Tony. You look great.
嗨 托尼 你太美了
Love the scarf.
很喜欢这条披肩哦
Listen, uh...I had no idea your mom was in town.
听着...我不知道你妈妈过来了
And you guys don't really get to see each other all that often.
而且你们俩又不经常见面
It's true. We don't.
没错 不经常见
We just spent a whole hour together...
我们刚刚在一起呆了整整一小时
If you'd like to reschedule, I totally understand.
如果你想重约 我完全能理解
Don't worry about me. I'm cooking a pot roast.
别管我 我正在做炖肉
Of course, it's big enough to feed a small army.
当然 分量足够喂饱一小支军队了
I love pot roast.
我很爱吃炖肉
I can't believe you're a lawyer.
真不敢相信你是个律师
You're way too nice.
你人太好了
Actually, I, uh, just became a lawyer
其实我之所以当律师
to support my saxophone habit.
是为了支付我玩萨克斯的费用
You're kidding.
不会这么巧吧
Jane played the saxophone, too.
简也爱吹萨克斯
Really? Soprano or alto?
真的吗 高音还是中音
Well... Bass.
那个... 低音
The only girl in marching band with the arms to handle it.
她是军乐队里唯一能搬动那玩意的女生
And have you heard her sing?
你听过她唱歌吗
Pipes like a church organ. Not really.
嗓子像教堂管风琴似的 不至于

重点解释

妙语佳句:

No. I popped in for a night or two.我只是过来住上一两宿

pop in:偶尔或突然访问

I may pop in to see you next month.

我也许在下个月里来看你。

If you're ever passing,pop in and see me.

如果你什么时候路过,就来看看我。

And here I am, stealing her away.而现在我却要把她拐跑了

steal away:偷走

Let us steal away tomorrow morning.

我们要在明天早晨悄悄地溜走。

Take time when time cometh,lest time steal away.

时来必须要趁时,不然时去无声息。

Listen, uh...I had no idea your mom was in town.听着...我不知道你妈妈过来了

have no idea:一点不知道, 听也没有听过

I have no idea (as to) what you mean.

我一点儿也不明白你的意思。

We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.

我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。

考考你:

听着...我不知道你妈妈过来了。

我只是过来住上一两宿。

上期答案:

I believe there was a mistake when Sally was born.

do you think I don't recognize a scam?

分享到
重点单词
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • scarfn. 围巾
  • bandn. 带,箍,波段 n. 队,一群,乐队 v. 绑扎 v
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为