影视精讲《美女上错身》第46期:浪漫的丈夫
日期:2012-09-21 22:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Judge Summers...
萨莫斯法官
Isn't it true that you
你拒绝了黛安娜
rejected every match that Diana set up for you...
为你介绍的每个对象
because of your impossibly high standards?
是因为你那高不可及的标准吗
Absolutely not.
绝对不是
I have response cards that
我这里有你每次约会后
you filled out after every one of your dates.
填写的回执卡
Do you remember why you didn't want to see Matt Stalls again?
你记得你为什么不想再见马特·斯特斯吗
He wasn't very well-read.
他阅读匮乏
Hmm. Sean Carls?
嗯 尚·卡尔斯呢
He had an annoying voice.
他嗓音很难听
Michael Doody?
迈克尔·杜迪呢
Couldn't get past the last name. Exactly.
受不了他的姓氏 没错
Don Reynolds.
丹·雷诺兹呢
"Ears" -- that's all you wrote, just "Ears".
耳朵 你只写了个耳朵
Objection -- your honor, counsel is testifying...
反对 法官大人 辩方律师在作证
badgering the witness, and, frankly, making me angry.
纠缠证人 坦白说 这使我很生气
Sustained.
反对有效
Judge Summers...
萨莫斯法官
Isn't it true you misrepresented yourself
你签中介介服务的时候做了
when you signed up for this service?
失实陈述 是这样吗
Of course not.
当然没有
Would you mind reading your own profile?
你介意读下你的个人资料吗
"I am a fun-loving romantic
我是个享受乐趣 浪漫的人
"who enjoys quiet walks on the beach...
喜爱在沙滩上静静漫步
candlelit dinners, and Hugh Grant movies."
喜欢烛光晚餐和休·格兰特的电影
Is that all true...
那都是真的吗
'cause you don't really seem like the fun-loving, romantic type?
因为你看上去不像享受乐趣 浪漫的类型
Your honor. That's the kind of man my husband was...
法官大人 那是我丈夫的类型
and that's the kind of man I'm looking for.
也是我现在要找的类型
What's the last Hugh Grant movie you saw?
你看过的最后一部休·格兰特的电影是哪部
You know, I really don't need this.
我真的不需要回答这个问题
Can you even name a Hugh Grant movie?
你能说出一部休·格兰特演的电影名字吗
"Four weddings and your funeral" --
《四个婚礼和你的葬礼》
are you familiar with that one...
这部你熟悉吗
you smug, insolent piece of crap?
你这个自以为是 粗鲁的臭小子
Madeline I'm done.
玛德琳 我受够了
No, no, no, you can't leave. Your honor.
不不不 你不能走 法官大人
Madeline, you are not dismissed.
玛德琳 还没有准许你离开
I will hold you in contempt.
我要以藐视法庭罪监禁你
Well, you can't, because I'm dropping the case.
你不能 因为我要撤诉
No case, no contempt. Goodbye.
没有案子 没有藐视 再见
Uh, short recess, your honor.
我请求短暂休庭 法官大人

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:Isn't it true that you rejected every match that Diana set up for you...

set up:建立

The army has set up road blocks round the city.

军队在城市周围设置了路障。

It is now our aim to set up a factory.

我们现在的目的是创办一座工厂。

原句:I have response cards that you filled out after every one of your dates.

fill out:填写

We compel all students to fill out this form.

我们迫使所有的学生来填写这个表格。

原句:Isn't it true you misrepresented yourself when you signed up for this service?

sign up for:登记注册, 登记报名

Who is eligible to sign up for a membership?

谁有资格报名参加会员?

I'd like to sign up for this course.

我想报名读这门课。

考考你:

你拒绝了黛安娜为你介绍的每个对象是因为你那高不可及的标准吗?

你签中介介服务的时候做了失实陈述 ,是这样吗?

上期答案:

This would not hold up in court, you realize.

I'm in over my head.

So it was his intent for you to work together,as equal partners?

分享到
重点单词
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • smugadj. 自以为是的,整洁的
  • compelv. 强迫,迫使,使不得已
  • counseln. 商议,忠告,法律顾问 v. 商议,劝告
  • insolentadj. 粗野的,无礼的
  • sustainedadj. 持久的,经久不衰的
  • objectionn. 反对,异议
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人