美剧精讲《美女上错身》第7期:觉得自己值多少钱
日期:2012-08-02 17:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Jane:Calamari...
炸鱿鱼圈
It's just rings of squid lightly fried in beer batter, but...
不过是裹了啤酒面糊炸成的鱿鱼圈 但...
Ms. Bingum,
宾格温女士
Ms. Bingum:I was clear with Parker. I...
我和帕克说得很清楚 我...
I won't go to court.
我不会上庭的
Jane:But you need to testify.
但是你需要出庭作证的
Ms. Bingum:Are you whing?
你在发牢骚吗
Jane:I am giving you my expert legal opinion,
我是在向你提供专业法律建议
which is...
那就是
That you can't let your rich son-of-a-bitch husband
你不能让你那有钱的混账老公
cheat on you and pay you off with a measly 100 grand.
对你不忠 却只给你10万了事
Ms. Bingum:Parker thought that you could find a middle ground.
帕克觉得你能找到折中的方法
That's why he scheduled this settlement conference.
所以他安排了这个和解会议
I thought you were up to speed.
我以为你知道的
Jane:Mrs. Wellner, how much do you think you're worth?
维尔纳夫人 你觉得自己值多少钱
Ms. Bingum:Why?
为什么这么问
Jane:Because if you don't think you're worth much,
如果连你都不觉得自己有价值
why should he?
他就更不会了
Ms. Bingum:I gave up my career.
我放弃了我的事业
I raised our children.
我养大了我们的孩子
I loved him unconditionally.
我无条件地爱他
I think that should be worth something.
我想这些是有价值的
I think that should be worth...
我想应该值...
half.
一半
Jane:Then that's what we'll get.
那我们就要这么多

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:I won't go to court.

go to court:起诉

Can we bring him to term,or shall we have to go to court?

我们能使他接受条件,还是非得跟他打一场官司不可?

原句:I am giving you my expert legal opinion,

expert opinion:内行意见

According to expert opinions, they gave up the experiment immediately.

根据专家们的意见,他们马上放弃了这项试验。

原句:That you can't let your rich son-of-a-bitch husband cheat on you and pay you off with a measly 100 grand.

cheat on:不忠于

An honest student won't cheat on a test.

诚实的学生考试不作弊。

pay off:偿清(欠款等),

It took them three years to pay off the debt.

他们三年才还清欠债。

原句:Mrs. Wellner, how much do you think you're worth?

be worth:值得

That painting must be worth a king's ransom.

那幅画一定价值连城。

原句:I gave up my career.

give up:放弃

He counselled them to give up the plan.

他建议他们放弃这项计划。

考考你:

帕克觉得你能找到折中的方法

所以他安排了这个和解会议

我想这些是有价值的

上期答案:

Tomorrow, the defense will try to rattle you.

you have no idea what it's like to lose someone you love.

分享到
重点单词
  • ransomn. 赎金,赎身,赎回
  • testifyv. 证明,作证,声明
  • rattlevi. 嘎嘎作响,喋喋不休 vt. 使激动,使作响,急促
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • defensen. 防卫,防卫物,辩护 vt. 防守