美剧精讲《美女上错身》第28期:掏心掏肺
日期:2012-08-23 20:34

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You really called him a liar to his face...
你真的在法庭上
right in the middle of court?
当面说他是骗子了
Actually, I think my exact words were...
实际上我说的是
"Big, fat, fricking liar",
"又肥又坏的大骗子"
but I'd have to check the transcript.
但我得查一下聆讯记录
And then I have to burn the transcript.
然后把它烧了
Hey, you showed the jury you cared.
你表现出你对案子很关心
Yeah, I cared so much I got thrown into jail.
是啊 都表现到牢里去了
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.
算了 大晚上的就不提了
I have no idea how I'm gonna win this case.
我真是想不出打赢这场官司的办法了
Without my whistle-blower...
如果没有内部的揭发者
How do you prove they are big, fat, fricking liars?
要怎么证明他们是又肥又坏的大骗子呢
Sometimes you don't have to prove it at all.
有时候你用不着去证明
Remember trial advocacy?Are they a band?
记得审判辩护吗 是个乐队吗
Funny.
真幽默
You don't always have to prove that they're liars.
你不需要证明别人是骗子
You just have to get them to believe that you can prove it.
你只需要让别人相信你能够证明这一点
Sometimes, it's not about the law at all.
有时候 这些和法律无关
Sometimes...
有时候
It's just acting. Exactly.
只是演戏 没错
What? Oh, nothing.
怎么了 没什么
It's just...
只是
I don't know if I'm ever gonna get used to you--
我还不习惯你
to people-- talking to me like I'm a lawyer.
人们把我当律师看待
If we're being honest...
如果你要我掏心掏肺的话
I still feel like a fraud every time I step into a courtroom...
我上庭的时候仍然觉得我只是穿着
like I'm wearing my dad's suit, and it's all pretend.
我爸的西装 好像只是在假装
Except it's not, not to my clients.
但我不能对我的委托人假装
Well, then it's a good thing they've got you.
那他们有你是他们的幸运

《神来之笔》:http://www.kekenet.com/menu/201208/196237.shtml

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

at the end of:在 ... 末端(at the end of用于表示具体事物或场所的场合,它也可以用来表示比喻。)

They were at the end of their patience.

他们忍无可忍。

He is at the end of his wits.

他智穷才尽,束手无策。

原句:I have no idea how I'm gonna win this case.

have no idea:一点不知道

I have no idea why he resigned his post.

我不知道他为何辞去他的职务。

原句:I still feel like a fraud every time I step into a courtroom...

feel like:想要

Do you feel like going to a movie?

你想看电影吗?

step into:进入

She step into the room and sit down in a sofa.

她走进屋子在沙发上坐下。

考考你:

我真是想不出打赢这场官司的办法了。

你只需要让别人相信你能够证明这一点。

有时候,这些和法律无关。

上期答案:

I'm not gonna turn down a free meal.
Your case seems to be going well.

分享到
重点单词
  • courtroomn. 法庭,审判室
  • bandn. 带,箍,波段 n. 队,一群,乐队 v. 绑扎 v
  • advocacyn. 拥护,支持,鼓吹
  • juryn. 陪审团,评委会 adj. 临时用的 vt. 挑选
  • trialadj. 尝试性的; 审讯的 n. 尝试,努力,试验,试
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • resignedadj. 认命的,顺从的,听任的 动词resign的过去
  • patiencen. 耐心,忍耐,毅力 n. 单人玩的牌戏