美剧精讲《美女上错身》第27期:神来之笔
日期:2012-08-22 20:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Uh, I apologize on Parker's behalf.
我代表帕克向你道歉
His last-minute text cancelation--
他在最后一秒发短信说不来
very tacky.
太不够意思了
It's okay.
没事
Well, we'll just get even-- order
那我们就
the most expensive things on the menu and bill him.
点菜单上最贵的菜来报复他吧
If you'd still like to eat.
如果你还想一起吃的话
I'm not gonna turn down a free meal.
我可不会拒绝免费的晚餐
Um, may we have the wine list, please? Thank you.
可以给我们一份酒单吗 谢谢
So... I guess we just update each other.
看来我们已经了解案子的新进展了
Your case seems to be going well.
你的案子似乎十分顺利
Thanks to you. Wrongful death? Stroke of genius.
多亏了你啊 非正常死亡 神来之笔
When we win, I'll make sure Parker knows.
我们赢了之后 我会告诉帕克的
Oh, it's fine. You don't have to. Oh, don't do that.
没事 不用的 别那样
Quietly competent doesn't make partner.
不明争只暗斗是成不了合伙人的
Did that just sound really cutthroat?
这句话是不是很冷血
No.

Okay, you need to work on your poker face.
好吧 你还是多练练怎么说谎吧
Sorry, I should get that. It might be Parker.
对不起 我得接电话 可能是帕克
Oh, just let it go. I can't imagine what he--
不用管他啦 我真不知道
Hello?
你好
Jane? Is everything all right?
简 有什么事吗
Where are you?
你在哪
Can people actually kill themselves with shoelaces?
鞋带真能用来自杀吗
I'll let you know. I'm so sorry I ruined your night.
我试完告诉你 不好意思毁了你的约会
Jane, it's fine. No, I- I tried Teri.
简 没关系 不 我打过电话给泰丽
I even tried the new mailroom guy.
我甚至还找了收发室的新人
Stop apologizing.
别道歉了
You didn't ruin anything. Parker never even showed.
你什么都没有破坏 帕克没有出现

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:I'm not gonna turn down a free meal.

turn down:文中意思为“拒绝”,除此还有“调低,关小”的意思。

She petitioned her neighbor to turn down the radio.

她请求邻居把收音机关小点声。

I turn down the offer.

我拒绝那个提议。

原句:Your case seems to be going well.

go well:进展顺利

Fish doesn't go well with mutton.

鱼和羊肉在一起不好吃。

If you could bring forward any evidence, all would go well.

如果你能拿出证据来,一切就解决了。

原句:Okay, you need to work on your poker face.

work on:文中意思为“忙于”,除此还有“对....起作用,说服”之意。

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their hard work on the project.

我愿借此机会感谢每一位为这个项目辛勤工作的人。

Will it work on human beings?

这对人体有影响吗?

考考你:

我可不会拒绝免费的晚餐。

你的案子似乎十分顺利。

上期答案:

I'm gonna have to keep you in here till about 9:00.
Otherwise, everyone's gonna think I've gone soft.

分享到
重点单词
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • updatev. 更新,补充最新资料 n. 更新
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟
  • stroken. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风, v. 奉
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • competentadj. 有能力的,胜任的,足够的