美剧精讲《美女上错身》第2期:对天堂感到失望
日期:2012-07-28 13:43

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Fred:Ms... Dobkins, I'm Fred. I'm your gatekeeper.
德普金丝小姐 我是弗雷德 你的守门人
Apologies for your sudden demise.
对于你的猝死深表遗憾
Ms. Dobkins:Demise?
死了
Fred:It's a lot to process.
我知道一开始很难接受
Follow me.
跟我来
Ms. Dobkins:So, this is the prilly gates?
这就是所谓的天堂之门吗
Fred:You sound disappointed.
你似乎有些失望
Ms. Dobkins:It's just... I expected a puppy cloud
我以为这里会有云啊
a few angels, maybe even a harp.
天使啊 甚至还有竖琴什么的
Not important. I really need to get back to earth now.
无关紧要 我现在必须回去
Fred:Come on...sweetie.
拜托啦 甜心
Have a seat.
请坐
Ms. Dobkins:What are you doing?
你在干什么
Fred:Reviewing your life... You know, heaven or hell.
看看你的生平 决定你上天堂还是下地狱
Ms. Dobkins:Hold on a second.
等一下
I've never seen this before.
我从来没有过这种情况
Fred:Ms. Dobkins, according to my records,
德普金丝小姐 根据我的记录
you have not done a single good deed or bad act
你这一生既没做过好事
in your entire life.
也没做过坏事
You are my first adult 0/0.
你是我处理过的成年人中第一个中间人
Ms. Dobkins:You know, I am a good person, all right? Lots of deeds.
我是个好人 我做过很多好事
Fred:Ms. Dobkins, I've seen a lot of bad people,
德普金丝小姐 我见过很多坏人
and you're not one of them.
而你不是
But you're not one of the good ones, either.
但你也不是好人

重点解释

妙语佳句:

sudden demise:猝死

The war brought about the industry's sudden demise.

战争道致这个行业就这么突然垮了。

follow me:跟着我

Please follow me to pronounce this word.

请跟我一起发这个音。

prilly gate:天堂之门

get back:返回

It'll be good to get back home again.

能重新回到家里一定会很愉快的。

hold on a second:等一下

Just hold on a second while I get my breath back.

请等一会儿,让我喘一口气。

according to:按照, 根据

The books in the library were distributed according to subjects.

图书馆里的藏书按科目分类。

剧情百科常识:

Deb是个艳冠群芳但是学识浅薄的美人,梦想自己有一天能成为超级模特。在一次严重的交通事故中,Deb「一命呜呼」……当她来到天堂的大门口时,却被天堂守门人Fred拒之门外。Fred声称Deb是个自私自利、没有价值的女人,不配进入天堂。Deb自然很生气,于是要求Fred让她返回人间,回到那具美丽的躯壳当中。Fred满足了Deb的愿望,然而事情却出了意外……Deb回到的不是自己的身体,而是最近刚刚故去的Jane Bingum(Brooke Elliott)的身体!   Jane是个聪明睿智、很有主见、热爱工作、忠于职守的女律师,唯一的缺点是--她太胖了!周围的女同事一个个又苗条又漂亮,这让Jane不免总有些自惭形秽。而Deb这辈子唯一值得炫耀的就是她美丽的外表,这下子……喔,她可彻底慌了神。是命运的安排也好,是上帝的意旨也好,Deb / Jane总要生活下去。也只有到了这个时候,她才明白什么是真正的「美」,永恒的「美」。

考考你:

你这一生既没做过好事。

但你也不是好人。

上期答案:

I had it on when I met you.
The tighter the knot, the broader the shoulders.
What would I do without you?

分享到
重点单词
  • demisen. 死亡,转让房产,让位 vt. 让渡,遗赠,转让 v
  • deedn. 事迹,行为,[法]契约 vt. 立契转让 a
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • knotn. 结,节 vi. 打结 vt. 把 ... 打成结,