美剧精讲《美女上错身》第23期:这是拒绝的话
日期:2012-08-18 12:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Fred, what are you doing here?
弗雷德 你来干什么
I'm a messenger. It's my job. I deliver stuff.
我是个信使 我的工作是收发东西
Uh, here. I got your check.
给你 我带来了你的支票
You could have given this to me at the office.
你可以在办公室交给我的
I figured you might need it immediately.
我想你可能急着用
I'm thoughtful that way.
我很贴心的
Fred, go back to the office.
弗雷德 给我回办公室
Don't do this.
不要这样
Did we get a new UPS guy? Where's Pedro?
我们换快递员了吗 佩特罗去哪了
Um, hi. Uh, Stacy, right?
你好 史黛西 是吧
I'm Fred. You probably remember me from Jane's office.
我是弗雷德 你可能在简的办公室见过
You've probably heard her talk about me.
你可能听她说起过我
No.
没有
Kind of, uh, keep everything running over there.
我是掌控大局的人
I coordinate document delivery and retrieval.
我负责文件的分发和取回
He's a messenger, who was just leaving.
他是个信使 他要走了
Uh, but before I do, I was wondering if you would like...
我走之前 我想知道你是否愿意
to share a meal with me... At a- a nice restaurant.
和我共进午餐 在一家高级餐馆
I can pay.
我请客
Oh, you're asking me out. So sweet.
你在约我 真可爱
I'm sorry. I'm just not in that place right now.
抱歉 我现在没心情
Say hi to Pedro for me.
代我向佩特罗问好
What-- What does that mean?
什么意思
That's just... something we say.
这是我们说话的方式
So, when do you think she's gonna be in that place?
那么 她什么时候会有心情
Never, Fred.
不会有的 弗雷德
She's saying she's never going to be in that place.
她说的是她永远都不会有那个心情

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:I figured you might need it immediately.

figure:文中意思为“认为”,除此还有“演算,领会到”的意思。

They figured it was better to stay where they were.

他们断定还是呆在原地好。

I can't figure out why he quit his job.
我琢磨不透他为什么要辞掉工作

原句:Kind of, uh, keep everything running over there.

keep running:持续

I can't keep running after you all day!

我可不能整天伺候你!

We seem to keep running into each other.

我们好像常碰面。

原句:Did we get a new UPS guy?

UPS:联合包裹服务(=United Parcel Service)

原句:I'm just not in that place right now.

right now:现在

I am doing nothing right now.
我现在没做什么事情。

考考你:

你可能听她说起过我。

她说的是她永远都不会有那个心情。

上期答案:

How could you let them screw up my obituary?

The last time I talked to Carl was the night of the accident.

分享到
重点单词
  • deliveryn. 递送,交付,分娩
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • messengern. 报信者,先驱
  • thoughtfuladj. 深思的,体贴的
  • coordinaten. 同等的人物; (色调,图案,样式等)配套服装 ad
  • documentn. 文件,公文,文档 vt. 记载,(用文件等)证明
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • parceln. 包裹,一块(土地),部分 vt. 打包,分配