美剧精讲《美女上错身》第34期:灵媒
日期:2012-08-29 21:23

(单词翻译:单击)

重点解释

Scrabble?
拼字游戏
Oh, you pick seven tiles with different letters.
你要选七张字母不同的字母牌
Yeah, I know the game.
是 我知道这个游戏
But why isn't it on your calendar?
但为什么没在你的日程表里
Is it some kind of dirty scrabble...
是不是那种下流拼字游戏
like strip poker or naked twister?
就像脱衣扑克或是裸体扭扭乐之类的
Who plays that, Teri?
谁玩那个啊 泰丽
No, my clothes stayed on.
不是那种 我没脱衣服
Um, put it on my calendar
把这个写进我日程表吧
for the third Tuesday of every month, okay?
每个月的第三个周二 好吧
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even -- Jane, right?
很抱歉 我没有... 简 是吧
Yes. How did you know? Don't worry, Jane.
是啊 你怎么知道的 别担心 简
You won't be alone for long.
你不会孤单太久的
And stay away from chili. It's murder on the pancreas.
还有远离辣椒 那玩意可是胰脏杀手
Who was that? Kim's client, a psychic --
这是谁啊 金的客户 一个灵媒
one rung below mimes and balloon artists.
地位比哑剧演员和气球艺术家还低
Well, she knew my name, so she must be good.
她知道我的名字 所以她肯定挺不错的
Yeah, she either read your soul,
是啊 她要么是读懂了你的灵魂
or she read your in-box.
要么是看见了你的收件箱
And the psychic had this
那个灵媒仿佛
look like she could totally see through me.
能完全看穿我
Hmm. Were you wearing your blue-silk top...
你是不是穿了那件蓝绸上衣...
'cause in the right light, you can totally see your...
因为灯光角度合适的话 就能看到你的...
That's not you at the door, is it?
不是你在敲门吧
No.
不是我
But if you're scared,
但是如果你害怕
there's a croquet mallet under my bed.
我床底下有个长柄木槌

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原文:No, my clothes stayed on.

解析:stay on:留在,保持

I'm not sure whether to resign or stay on.

我拿不准主意是辞职还是留任。

原文:And stay away from chili. It's murder on the pancreas.

解析:stay away from:离 ... 远点

Tell him to stay away from my sister!

叫他离我妹妹远点儿!

原文:Yeah, she either read your soul,or she read your in-box.

解析:either ... or...:不是...就是...;

I can't eat either tripe or liver.

我不吃肚也不吃肝。

原文:And the psychic had this look like she could totally see through me.

解析:see through:看透, 识破

This enabled us to see through their subtle scheme.

这使我们得以识破他们的诡计。

原文:Were you wearing your blue-silk top...

解析:wear:穿戴

wear是强调状态的持续,put on是一时的动作。

In such cold weather I wear my overcoat all day.

在这样的寒冷天气里,我一整天都穿着外套。

短语wear…to…表示“穿……到……去”,后面不是不定式,而应该接名词。

He wore this black coat to the meeting.

他穿着这个大衣去开的会。

考考你:

是啊,她要么是读懂了你的灵魂,要么是看见了你的收件箱。

上期答案:

we were supposed to run the shop together.

分享到
重点单词
  • balloonn. 气球 vt. 使膨胀 vi. 如气球般膨胀,激增
  • stripn. 长条,条状,脱衣舞 v. 脱衣,剥夺,剥去
  • calendarn. 日历,月历,日程表 vt. 把 ... 列入日程表
  • resignv. 辞职,放弃,顺从,听任
  • schemen. 方案,计划,阴谋 v. 计画,设计,体系,结构,图
  • rungn. 横档,脚蹬横木;地位 v. 给…打电话(ring的
  • subtleadj. 微妙的,敏感的,精细的,狡诈的,不明显的
  • pancreasn. 胰脏