影视精讲《美女上错身》第49期:失去挚爱的痛
日期:2012-09-24 19:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Jane, uh... I want to apologize.
简 我想向你道歉
I- I overreacted.
我反应过激了
I blamed you for things that weren't your fault.
明明不是你的错 我却埋怨你
But it was my fault.
是我做错了
Hugh Grant was my lame-o idea.
休·格兰特是我的蠢主意
No, I distinctly remember that was mine.
不 我清楚记得那是我的主意
Murray loved those movies.
莫瑞最爱他的电影了
God help me, I was just trying to find somebody like him.
老天保佑 我只是想找个像他那样的人
I understand.
我能理解
I hope you never know what
希望你永远也不会知晓
it's like to lose the love of your life...
失去此生挚爱是什么滋味
to have to go on without him.
没有他 一个人生活下去
I can't imagine.
简直无法想象
Still, you know, it doesn't give somebody like Diana
不管怎么说 戴安娜这样的人
the right to take advantage.
也没权利趁机获利
I mean, she may not have broken that contract,
我是说 她可能没有毁约
but she definitely bent it.
但是她肯定扭曲了合约
Yeah.
没错
Ron Haywood -- what is that file doing here?
罗恩·海伍德 这份资料怎么会在这
Is that from my office?
从我办公室拿的吗
No.
不是
These are all from the dating service.
这些是从约会中介所拿到的
Ron Haywood is a client -- Diana's client?
罗恩·海伍德是个客户 黛安娜的客户
Yeah -- she tried to set you up with him,
是啊 她还想安排你俩约会呢
but I guess he declined the date.
但我猜被他婉拒了
His loss, by the way.
顺便说一句 是他的损失
Did you file the papers to have my case dismissed yet?
我撤诉的文件你交上去没有
No, I was going to first thing in the morning.
没 我本打算明早交
I have a better idea. Don't.
我有个更好的主意 别上交

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:I blamed you for things that weren't your fault.明明不是你的错,我却埋怨你。

blame for:归咎于

You are not wholly to blame for the accident.

你不应承担事故的全部责任。

He incurred much blame for his stubborn attitude.

他态度顽固而招致许多责难。

原句:Still, you know, it doesn't give somebody like Diana the right to take advantage.不管怎么说,戴安娜这样的人也没权利趁机获利。

take advantage:利用,占便宜

It never occurred to me to take advantage of him.

我决没有想到过要占他的便宜。

You should take advantage of it.

你应该好好利用这个机会。

原句:I mean, she may not have broken that contract,我是说,她可能没有毁约。

break contract:违约

原句:Yeah -- she tried to set you up with him,是啊,她还想安排你俩约会呢

set sb up with sb:为某人安排约会某人

考考你:

明明不是你的错,我却埋怨你。

不管怎么说,戴安娜这样的人也没权利趁机获利。

上期答案:

And I sense that if I asked you out to dinner on a date...you'll say yes.

I need to make it possible for the sisters to talk...without pride getting in the way.

分享到
重点单词
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • distinctlyadv. 清楚地,显然地,明显地
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • bentbend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • stubbornadj. 顽固的,倔强的,难对付的
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备