美剧精讲《美女上错身》第24期:第一人格
日期:2012-08-19 11:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Not only did I do nothing wrong,
我不但没有做错
my treatment was so successful...
我的治疗非常有疗效
I'm submitting this case to psychiatric journals.
这个案例都刊登在几家心理学杂志上了
Did your protocol follow the
你的治疗过程
American Psychiatric Association guidelines?
是否遵循美国心理学协会的标准
To a "T".
相当符合
Your witness.
该你提问了
Dr. Farrar, when Selette Garner first came to see you...
法拉尔医生 当斯莱特·加纳第一次见到你
did you tell her you could help her husband?
你是否告知她你会帮助她的丈夫
Yes, I diagnosed dissociative
是的 我诊断出他
identity disorder and told her I could treat him.
患有分离性人格识别障碍 我说我能治好
Did you tell her that you would restore Jake...
你有说过你能保留杰克
her husband's personality, that you could get rid of Simon?
她丈夫的这部分 去掉西蒙这部分吗
I did.
我说过
Is the fact that you failed miserably
你这次惨痛的失败的案例
going to be in the first paragraph of your journal article?
会不会写入你文章的第一段呢
Your honor.
法官大人
It's a good question. I did not fail.
问的很好 我没有失败
During the course of treatment, I discovered that Jake...
在治疗的过程中 我发现杰克
the personality that Selette first met,
斯莱特第一次碰到的那个人格
was not the original personality.
不是原本那个人格
Jake was an elaborate and long-standing construct. He--
杰克是一个复杂 长期存在的构造 他
He never really existed.
他其实并不存在
Simon was the original personality.
西蒙是其原始的人格
I did my job. I cured him.
我完成了治疗 我治好了他

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:Not only did I do nothing wrong,

not only:不仅

He is not only strong and healthy but also very smart.
他不仅强壮健康,而且还很聪明。

原句:I'm submitting this case to psychiatric journals.

submit sth to:递交某物

We should submit our plans to the council for approval.

我们应该向理事会提交计划以求批准。

原句:Did you tell her that you would restore Jake...her husband's personality, that you could get rid of Simon?

get rid of:除去

We have to get rid of these old newspapers.

我们必须把这些旧报纸处理掉。

原句:I did my job. I cured him.

cure:治疗, 治愈

cure在表示不同意思时,需接不同的介词:

1.表示“治疗或纠正的东西或方法”时,cure后常接介词for。

This is a cure for headaches.

这是治疗头疼的方法。

2.表示“治疗或纠正”时,cure后常接介词of。

The cure of his headache was soon effected.

对他的头疼的治疗很快就见效了。

cure有不同的句子表达结构:

This will cure you.

This will cure your headache.

This will cure you of your headache.

考考你:

我不但没有做错,我的治疗非常有疗效。

你这次惨痛的失败的案例会不会写入你文章的第一段呢?

上期答案:

You've probably heard her talk about me.
She's saying she's never going to be in that place.

分享到
重点单词
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • constructvt. 构筑,建造 n. 构想
  • protocoln. 规章制度,草案,协议,外交礼仪
  • garnerv. 贮藏,积累,得到 n. 谷仓 Garner: 加纳
  • originaladj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的 n. 原件
  • disordern. 杂乱,混乱 vt. 扰乱
  • elaborateadj. 精细的,详尽的,精心的 v. 详细地说明,用心
  • associationn. 联合,结合,交往,协会,社团,联想
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历