影视精讲《美女上错身》第45期:通灵
日期:2012-09-20 19:18

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

He's near.
他就在附近
I can feel his presence.
我能感觉到他的存在
Let him know you're honoring his
让他知道你纪念他的方式是
memory by serving smoothies in your new shop...
在你的新店为顾客提供水果刨冰
with the curlicue straws. She takes coupons.
还有带着花饰的吸管呢 她使用优惠券
No negatives.
不要有负面情绪
Okay. Got him.
好了 找到他了
Hi, dad. Lily and I are both here.
爸爸 莉莉和我都在这呢
Okay, Tessa, now that you've established contact...
好 泰莎 现在你和他保持着联系
ask your father how he wants
问问父亲他走了
the business run in his absence.
他希望生意怎么进行下去
Dad said he left his life's work to both of us, 50/50...
爸爸说他把毕生的事业平分给我们
with neither of us having more say than the other.
这样两人权利平等
So it was his intent for you to work together,
那么他是想让你们作为平等的伙伴
as equal partners?
合作吗
Dad says yes. What did I say?
爸爸说是的 我说什么来着
But he knew with our personalities,
但是他了解我们的脾性
that would be challenging...
知道合作对我们而言富有挑战性
and so he assumed he would be getting this call.
所以他预料到我们会找他通灵的
Ask him about your shop -- the new one.
问问他你的店 那家新店
Is he okay with it? Oh, come on. Don't ask that.
他同意吗 不是吧 别问这个
What do you think she's gonna say?
你觉得她会怎么说
This is legitimate. Your side stipulated --
这是合法的 你方定下的
Dad says...
爸爸说
he's not okay with my shop.
他不同意我的店
This would not hold up in court, you realize.
法庭上这个靠不住 你应该明白
Dad says...
爸爸说
I'm in over my head.
我过火了
He says my problem is I don't always listen...
他说我的问题就在于不善于聆听
and I should because Lily has good ideas.
我应该聆听 因为莉莉有好点子
His wish is for me to work with Lily.
他的愿望是我和莉莉合作
Dad says I need Lily...
爸爸说我需要莉莉
and Lily needs me.
莉莉也需要我
I knew that.
我知道
It's okay.
没事了
Mm-hmm. It's okay.
嗯 没事

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:ask your father how he wants the business run in his absence.问问父亲他走了他希望生意怎么进行下去。

in absence:当 ... 不在的时候

She asked me to answer the phone in her absence.

她请我在她不在的时候接电话。

原句:Dad said he left his life's work to both of us, 50/50...with neither of us having more say than the other.爸爸说他把毕生的事业平分给我们这样两人权利平等。

neither of:两个中没有一个

Neither of my parents enjoys music.

我父母都不喜欢音乐。

原句:This would not hold up in court, you realize.法庭上这个靠不住 你应该明白。

hold up:支撑

The pillars hold up the masonry.

柱子支持着石头房屋。

Managed to hold up under the daily stress.

想办法应付每天的生活压力

in court:在法庭上

The case will be heard in court next week.

这一案件下星期审理。

原句:I'm in over my head.我过火了。

over one's head:超越某人的理解力,过火了

All that sort of thing is well over my head.

那种事都是我所不懂的。

The TOEFL test last time was quite over my head.

上次的托福考试我简直无法应付。

考考你:

法庭上这个靠不住,你应该明白。

我过火了。

那么他是想让你们作为平等的伙伴合作吗?

上期答案:

You do realize that position's already been filled?

so he should set one aside for you?

分享到
重点单词
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • establishedadj. 已被确认的,确定的,建立的,制定的 动词est
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花
  • intentn. 意图,目的,意向,含义 adj. 专心的,决心的,
  • presencen. 出席,到场,存在 n. 仪态,风度
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • challengingadj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂