美剧精讲《美女上错身》第32期:我受够了
日期:2012-08-27 21:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

"Schmoopy"?
"小可耐"
Triple-word score and a bingo -- write it down.
三倍词 答对了 记下来吧
I already gave you mani-pedi.
"修剪指甲"这个词也就算了
I'm not giving you that.
我不能再让步了
It's a word.Enlighten me.
那是个单词 那你倒是造个句啊
"Schmoopy" is what my boyfriend used to call me.
"小可耐" 我男朋友以前就这么称呼我
What boyfriend?
哪个男朋友
Um... - Yeah, that's what I thought --
呃 没错 我就知道
made-up word, made-up boyfriend.
编造单词 编造男朋友
Hey, that was really mean.
喂 太恶毒了吧
Oh, no, I'm not judging. I mean, look at me.
不 我不是在评判你 看看我
I'm the one who just dropped 25 grand on that dating service.
我可是花了2万5千美金给约会中介
And what do I have to show for it? Bubkes.
结果呢 什么也没捞着
$25,000?
2万5千美金
You're the one who found it for me
是你帮我找的
not that I'm blaming you...
我不是在责怪你
but, you know, for that much money,
但你知道 花了那么多钱
I figured they'd find me a prince...
我以为他们会为我找个王子
or at least a Baldwin.
或者至少是个鲍德温那样的
Ooh, yeah, but not the younger one. -No.
是呀 但不要是年小的那个 没错
Well, I hope you got your money back.
我希望你能把钱要回来
I called. They said they fulfilled their end of the bargain.
我打过电话 他们说他们履行了合约
Well, that's unacceptable.
让人难以接受
Yeah, well, I didn't want to cause a stink.
是的 我不想惹一身骚
You know, I have enough conflict in my day job.
工作上的各种冲突我已经受够了
Do you know what you need? Mm-hmm -- two W's and a "Q".
知道你需要什么吗 两个W一个Q
A good lawyer.
一名优秀的律师
First thing tomorrow, you're coming to my office,
明早第一件事 你来我办公室
and we're getting your money back.
我们来把你的钱要回来
All right, fine, but I'm still challenging you on "Schmoopy".
好的 不过我还是反对"小可耐"这个单词
Fine.
好吧

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:I figured they'd find me a prince...

解析:figure:认为

They figured it was better to stay where they were.

他们断定还是呆在原地好。

figure out和figure up意思相近,在美国英语中解释为“计算”或“估计”。

They have figured out(up) how much would be required.

figure on在美国英语中则解释为“估计到”或“指望”。

原句:You know, I have enough conflict in my day job.

解析:day job:全日性工作

The young man is told not to give up the day job.

有人告诉该青年,让他不要放弃自己的主业。

原句:You're the one who found it for me not that I'm blaming you...

解析:blame:表示“责备”,不一定是责备的行为,可以是“在心理上责备某人”,而那个人却不知道你在责备他;

表示“某人有过失”或“该受责备”时,常用to blame来表达,很少用被动格式to be blamed。

She is certainly to blame.

她一定有过失。

blame it on him表示blame him for it(因……责备某人),该结构比较少见。

错句举例与错句分析

错句: She is not to be blamed for what happened.

订正: She is not to blamed for what happened.

翻译: 她不应该对所发生的事情受到责备。

分析: 表示“某人有过失”或“该受责备”时,常用to blame来表达,不用被动格式to be blamed。

考考你:

我以为他们会为我找个王子。

工作上的各种冲突我已经受够了。

上期答案:

Then why do you keep blowing her off?
If I go to jail, promise you'll bail me out.

分享到
重点单词
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • conflictn. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗 vi. 冲突,争执,抵触
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • unacceptableadj. 不能接受的,不受欢迎的
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • scoren. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱 vt. 记分,刻划,划线,
  • bailn. 杓,保释,保证金,担保人,把手 vt. 往外舀水,
  • challengingadj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂
  • enlightenv. 授与 ... 知识,启发,启蒙