美剧精讲《美女上错身》第25期:恶意证人
日期:2012-08-20 18:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Mr. Sagansky, thank you for joining us again.
斯堪斯基先生 谢谢你能再次出席
How long did you work as a truck driver
你为海洋公园运输公司
for Ocean Park Trucking?
工作多久了
Nine years.
9年
And do you recognize the
你能认出
president of Ocean Park Trucking in this room?
在座哪位是海洋公园运输公司的董事长吗
Yeah, that's Mr. Hall, right there.
能 哈尔先生 就在那儿
And sitting next to him?
他旁边的那位呢
That's Gary Monroe, V.P. of our operations.
加里·曼洛 我们公司的副董事长
Mr. Sagansky, is it true
斯堪斯基先生
that on at least six different occasions...
曼洛先生是否至少6次
Mr. Monroe threatened to fire you
威胁要开除你
if you refused to drive an illegal double shift?
如果你拒绝非法加班
No.
没有
And isn't it true that--
那他是否...
Excuse me?
你说什么
I said no.
我说没有
No, he didn't threaten to fire you
难道他没有先后6次
on six different occasions?
威胁要开除你吗
No, he didn't. No one at that
不 他没有 公司从没有人
company ever asked me to drive a double shift.
让我连着开两班车
Do you maybe want to take a
你需不需要休息一下
moment and try answering that question again?
再来重新回答一下这个问题
Objection. Asked and answered. Twice.
反对 已回答两次了
Yeah, I can count, counselor.
我会数数 律师
Sustained.
反对有效
But your honor, he's...
但法官大人 他
Permission to treat Mr. Sagansky as a hostile witness.
请求列斯堪斯基先生为敌意证人
Proceed.
批准

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:How long did you work as a truck driver for Ocean Park Trucking?

work for:为 ... 效力

I work for the government.

我在政府机关做事。

原句:And do you recognize the president of Ocean Park Trucking in this room?

the president of:...的董事

The President of the US is the chief executive.

美国总统是最高行政长官。

原句:Mr. Sagansky, is it true that on at least six different occasions...

on occasion:偶尔, 有时

He forgot to do homework on occasion.

有时他忘了做家庭作业。

原句:Do you maybe want to take a moment and try answering that question again?

take a moment:花一些时间

It may take a moment for your queue to appear.

队列的显示可能要花费一段时间。

原句:Permission to treat Mr. Sagansky as a hostile witness.

hostile witness:恶意证人

She is ruled a hostile witness by the judge.

她被法官裁定是一个怀有敌意的证人。

考考你:

你能认出在座哪位是海洋公园运输公司的董事长吗?

威胁要开除你如果你拒绝非法加班。

上期答案:
Not only did I do nothing wrong,my treatment was so successful...
Is the fact that you failed miserably going to be in the first paragraph of your journal article?

分享到
重点单词
  • threatenv. 威胁,恐吓
  • hostileadj. 怀敌意的,敌对的
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • objectionn. 反对,异议
  • counselorn. 顾问,参事,法律顾问 =counsellor
  • proceedvi. 继续进行,开始,着手
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历
  • sustainedadj. 持久的,经久不衰的
  • executiveadj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令 n