影视精讲《美女上错身》第53期:吃花生过敏
日期:2012-09-29 19:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I don't see my dad much, and I haven't told my mom
我和我爸不常见面 我也还没告诉我妈
because I'm her only kid,
因为她只有我一个孩子
and if this is true, she'd be devastated.
如果这是真的 她会很难过的
Well, how about you?
那你自己呢
I haven't thought that far.
我还没考虑那么远
You wouldn't be here if you hadn't.
你要是没考虑到就不会来这儿了
You know what? You're right.
好吧 被你说对了
Look, um, maybe my biological parents
是这样的 我的亲生父母
are the king and queen of Spain,
可能是西班牙的国王和王妃
or maybe they just pump gas in Bakersfield.
也可能是贝克斯菲尔德的钻井工人
but either way, I just want to know.
但是不管怎样 我只想知道真相
And if I find them,
而且如果我找到他们
maybe it'll explain some of these little parts of me
也许我身上那些不合逻辑的地方
that don't make sense,
就能解释得通了
like why do I love peanuts
比如说为什么我喜欢吃花生
but both my parents are allergic?
但我爸妈都对花生过敏
Did you know that a peanut's not a nut? it's a bean -
你知道花生不属于坚果类吧 它属于豆类
a woody, high-protein legume.
一种高蛋白木本豆科植物
Okay, well, that was just an example.
好吧 我只是随便举个例子而已
Right.
好吧
Okay, Lisa, did you contact the hospital
莉莎 你有没有和医院联系
to get your birth records?
要你的出生记录
I spoke to the administrator.
我和负责人谈过了
I told her my situation, and I got nowhere.
我把我的情况告诉了她 但毫无帮助
And that's why you're coming to me?
所以你就来找我了
Uh-huh, 'cause I just want to know the truth.
没错 因为我只想知道真相
I mean, if I'm not who I thought I was,
我是说 如果我并非是自己所想的那个人
then who am I?
那我究竟是谁

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:but either way, I just want to know.但是不管怎样,我只想知道真相

either way:总之(不管怎样, 反正, 两边都)

It will take an hour, give or take a few minutes either way.

那要花一个小时,上下差不了几分钟。

I don't want to influence you either way, so I won't tell you my opinion.

我不想对你有任何影响,所以我不告诉你我的看法。

原句:maybe it'll explain some of these little parts of me that don't make sense,也许我身上那些不合逻辑的地方就能解释得通了

part of:一部分

A part of this urgent task was allotted to us.

这项紧急任务的一部分分给了我们。

make sense:讲得通, 有意义, 言之有理

These words are jumbled up and don't make sense.

这些词藻堆砌在一起讲不通。

His argument does not make sense.

他的争论没有意义。

考考你:

但是不管怎样,我只想知道真相

也许我身上那些不合逻辑的地方就能解释得通了

上期答案:

I think I was switched at birth.

I sent off a strand of my hair,as well as a strand of my mother's hair.

分享到
重点单词
  • pumpn. 泵,抽水机,打气筒,抽水,打气 v. 打气,抽水,
  • administratorn. 管理人,行政官
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • devastatedadj. 毁坏的;极为震惊的 v. 毁坏;摧毁(deva
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • strandn. (线等的)股,缕,一个部分 vt. 弄断(如绳的)
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • allergicadj. 过敏的,反感的