美剧精讲《美女上错身》第6期:喜欢吃甜甜圈
日期:2012-08-01 19:00

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Tomorrow, the defense will try to rattle you.
明天被告会试图让你紧张
They'll argue that your wife was suicidal.
他们会声称你妻子是自杀的
No, that's... that's bull...
怎么可能 那太扯...
You contend she was happy,
你要坚持说她很快乐
but if they undermine your credibility,
如果他们质疑你证词的真实性
it'll call Emily's mental state into question.
艾米丽精神状况就会被提及
How can they say anything about Emily?
关于艾米丽他们能有什么可说的
They didn't know her.
他们根本不认识她
Which is why they'll go after you,
所以他们会选择问你问题
try to get you to admit that she was unstable in some way.
试图让你承认她精神状况不太稳定
You've got to remain calm.
你要保持镇静
Calm?
镇静
Emily's dead because she took their drug.
艾米丽是因为吃了他们的药才死的
And if you expect me to remain calm,
要是你指望我保持镇静
you have no idea what it's like to lose someone you love.
你根本不了解失去心爱之人的感觉
Marcus, I'm on your side, but when you're on the stand...
马库斯 我站在你这边 你在证人席上时..
What, I should put on a happy face?
难道我该表现得很开心吗
I think we should take a little breather.
我觉得我们得休息一下
Here you go, Jane.
给你 简
I'm fine.
我没事
I'm sorry. It's just, you were staring at them.
抱歉 只是你一直盯着它们
You know what?
知道吗
To be honest, I am craving a doughnut
说实话 我超想吃甜甜圈
because, apparently, I am a doughnut eater.
因为很明显 我是个喜欢吃甜甜圈的人
Are you all right?
你没事吧
You're asking a young widower not to be himself,
你让一位年轻的鳏夫戴上假面
not to feel his loss, and that is not who he is.
不去感受痛苦 那不是他自己

重点解释

妙语佳句:

1.They'll argue that your wife was suicidal.

argue:争论, 辩论(是提出理由或证据为自己或自己一方的看法或立场辩护,着重说理、论证和企图说服。注意去argue一件事情的时候,常指反对该事情,才去argue,若是赞成该事情,不该用argue,而是用dispute。)

They argued the case for hours.

他们就这个案子辩论了几个小时

2.it'll call Emily's mental state into question.

mental state:精神状态, 心理状态

It is typically a very positive mental state.

它常代表一种很积极的精神状态。

3.Emily's dead because she took their drug.

take drug:服药/吸毒

She took drugs to dull the pain.

她吃了药以减轻疼痛。

I am surprised to learn that he is taking drug.

听说他在吸毒,我很吃惊。

4.I think we should take a little breather.

take a breather:歇一下

Let's take a breather before we go on.

喘口气再干。

5.To be honest, I am craving a doughnut.

to be honest:说实在的, 老实说

We knew her to be honest.

我们知道她很诚实。

考考你:

明天被告会试图让你紧张。

你根本不了解失去心爱之人的感觉。

上期答案:

Kim's offered to take over as first chair.

But I imagine we're suing for wrongful death.

分享到
重点单词
  • dulladj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的 v. 变钝
  • credibilityn. 可信,确实性,可靠
  • contendvi. 奋斗,斗争,辩论 vt. 坚持认为,竞争
  • underminevt. 暗中损害,逐渐削弱,在(某物)下挖洞或挖通道,从
  • cravingn. 渴望,热望 动词crave的现在分词
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端
  • defensen. 防卫,防卫物,辩护 vt. 防守
  • unstableadj. 不稳定的,易变的
  • rattlevi. 嘎嘎作响,喋喋不休 vt. 使激动,使作响,急促
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者