影视精讲《美女上错身》第48期:我想约你共进晚餐
日期:2012-09-23 20:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Summoning the dead dad -- that was genius.
传唤死去的父亲 这点子太有才了
How did you know it would work? I sensed it.
你怎么知道这点子能行 我感觉到的
Came down to communication.
还是要靠交流嘛
I need to make it possible for the sisters to talk...
我需要让两姐妹抛下各自的固执
without pride getting in the way.
交谈才有可能
So you didn't actually believe
就是说你并不真的相信
that they were contacting their father?
她们同父亲通灵了
It doesn't matter what I believe. It worked.
我相信与否并不重要 管用就行
Nice dodge.
巧妙的回避
All right. You want to know what I believe?
你想知道我相信什么吗
I believe sometimes people need a little nudge.
我相信有时人们需要别人推一把
A nudge?
推一把
Tessa wanted to apologize to her sister
泰莎想向姐姐道歉
but need someone to show her how to do it.
但是她需要有人教她该如何做
Lily wanted her sister back...
莉莉想让她妹妹回到身边
but didn't want to be the one to say so.
但自己不想开这个口
And then there's us.
再就是我们了
Us? You think all this has something to do with us?
我们 你觉得这一切和我们有关吗
I know we agreed not to talk about the kiss.
我知道我们说好不提那个吻的
That's right. We're gonna pretend it never happened.
没错 我们当做什么都没发生过
Right. Right.
是的 是的
But the truth is...
但是 事实是
I'm a little bit psychic.
我有一点通灵能力
Really?
真的吗
And I sense
我感觉到
that if I asked you out to dinner on a date...
如果我约你共进晚餐
you'll say yes.
你会同意的
So, what do you say?
那么 你同意吗

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:And I sense that if I asked you out to dinner on a date...you'll say yes.我感觉到如果我约你共进晚餐你会同意的。

on a date:约会

Stradlater is going out on a date that evening.

斯特拉德拉特当夜要去赴约会。

They agreed on a date for the next meeting.

他们就下次会议的日期达成了协议。

sense:感觉(指不带幻想、感情或偏见地观察事物,并能作出明智、公平的选择与决定。)

You could sense the antagonism between them.

你能觉察出他们之间有对立情绪。

原句:I need to make it possible for the sisters to talk...without pride getting in the way.我需要让两姐妹抛下各自的固执交谈才有可能。

make it possible:使...成为可能

Spaceships make it possible to travel to the moon.

宇宙飞船使去月球旅行成为可能。

This shallow ford made it possible for us to cross the river.

我们有可能从这片浅滩过河

get in the way:阻碍, 妨碍

Children get in the way during in the holidays.

孩子们在假日里总是碍手碍脚的.

This is a public place, don't get in the way.

公共场合,请别挡路。

考考你:

我感觉到如果我约你共进晚餐你会同意的。

我需要让两姐妹抛下各自的固执交谈才有可能。

上期答案:

I came here because you are bumming her out.

If I was your assistant,you'd already be on the supreme court.

分享到
重点单词
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • antagonismn. 对抗,对立,敌对状态(行为)
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • supremeadj. 最高的,至上的,极度的
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋
  • dodgev. 避开,躲避 n. 躲避
  • shallowadj. 浅的,薄的 n. 浅滩,浅处 v. 变浅