美剧精讲《美女上错身》第36期:单身女人
日期:2012-08-31 21:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You know I loathe sweet grass.
你知道我讨厌白菖蒲
Aw, but it is so cleansing.
但是有净化功效
Sage is cleansing.
鼠尾草才有净化功效
Sweet grass is a Rastafarian street vendor.
白菖蒲是塔法里教的街头小贩用的
Maybe we should get this moving
或许我们应该在消防局的人出现以前
before the fire marshal shows up.
赶紧谈正事
We appreciate you both coming in.
我们十分感谢你们二位的到来
We're only here as a courtesy.
我们来这里只是出于礼貌
My client's done nothing wrong.
我的客户没做错什么
She's killing the business!
她在毁掉家族生意
I mean, she might as well take a can of gas and torch the joint.
她的行为就像是用一罐燃气点燃店铺
Don't be so dramatic.
别说得和唱戏的一样
You're the one doing that... thing with your voice.
你才唱戏呢 不用自己的声音说话
This is how I talk.
我就是这么说话的
Ow! What the hell?! That's how you talk!
哎哟 搞什么啊 这才是你说话的声音
And dressing like Anne Boleyn? Give me a break.
穿得像安妮·博林一样 得了吧你
And what's with those scarves, sis?
那围巾是怎么回事 姐姐
You trying to hide an extra chin?
你想遮掩掉双下巴吗
You want to borrow one? We can play Isadora Duncan.
你想借吗 我们可以扮演伊莎多拉·邓肯
Ladies, let's focus, please.
女士们 让我们回到主题 好吧
We're prepared to file an injunction to close you down...
我们准备申请禁制令 让你们店关闭
unless you change the name of your store
除非你改变店名
and relocate to no closer than five miles away.
并且搬到5英里以外的地方
Not a chance.
没门儿
You know, just because
就因为你是年长的那个
you're the oldest and think you're entitled...
就认为你有特权
but I'm the one who studied with Madame Weitzman in Prague.
我才是在布拉格跟韦茨曼太太学习的那个人
She was a drunk who ran a youth hostel.
她是个开青年旅社的酒鬼
I think we all need a cooling-off period.
我觉得我们都需要时间冷静一下
How about we take a break and reconvene later?
休息一会 晚会儿再讨论 如何
Reconvene? What happened to jumping in and saving the day?
再讨论 不是说全力投入 一天搞定吗
I guess the universe hasn't told me what to say yet.
我想老天还没告诉我要怎么说
You are killing the business!
你在毁掉家族生意
Your heart chakra needs a triple bypass.
你的心轮需要三倍支脉
You have such anger. No wonder you've been married six times.
你脾气这么臭 怪不得结了六次婚
Ooh, said the single woman... with eight cats.
养着八只猫的单身女人有什么资格说我

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原文:Maybe we should get this moving before the fire marshal shows up.

解析:show up:露面

What puzzles me is why they didn't show up.

令我百思不解的是他们为什么没有出现。

解析:fire marshal:防火处处长

The state fire marshal led the investigation.

由州消防局长负责这项调查。

原文:I mean, she might as well take a can of gas and torch the joint.

解析:as well:也, 又

Tom is very unfriendly to me as well.

汤姆对我也很不友善。

解析:a can of:一罐

He opened a can of beer and drank it.

他打开了一罐啤酒,把它喝了。

原文:We're prepared to file an injunction to close you down...unless you change the name of your store.

解析:close down:关闭, 停业

All the stores and shops in this city don't close down on Sundays.

这个城市的大小商店星期天都不关门。

It is midnight and we are now closing down.

时间已到午夜,本台现在停止广播。

原文:I think we all need a cooling-off period.

解析:cool-off:冷却

Come on, have sme tea and cool off.

来,喝点茶,凉快一下。

考考你:

或许我们应该在消防局的人出现以前赶紧谈正事。

我们十分感谢你们二位的到来。

上期答案:

Can we go back to the part about you being here for good?

But try and be out of here before Stacy gets here in the morning.

分享到
重点单词
  • bypassvt. 绕开,忽视 n. 支路,旁道
  • jointadj. 联合的,共同的,合资的,连带的 n. 关节,接
  • unfriendlyadj. 不友好的;不利的 adv. 不友善地
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • entitledadj. 有资格的,已被命名的 动词entitle的过去
  • dramaticadj. 戏剧性的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的 dram
  • injunctionn. 指令,命令,强制令
  • courtesyn. 礼貌,好意,恩惠
  • sagen. 圣人,哲人 n. 鼠尾草,蒿属植物 adj. 贤明