美剧精讲《美女上错身》第29期:第二人格再现
日期:2012-08-24 21:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Excuse me! Yes.
打扰一下 什么事
Are you Mr. Monroe? Yes, I am.
你是曼洛先生吗 是的
I own a small produce company...
我经营一家小型农产品企业
and we have what I'd call a shipping emergency.
现在面临运货危机
How can I help you, Ms. Barnett?
有什么我可以帮你的吗 巴奈特小姐
I have 1,500 South American cantaloupes...
我有1,500个南美香瓜
sitting on a dock in San Pedro that
滞留在圣佩德罗的码头上
need to be in Chicago by 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night...
必须在明晚六点送到芝加哥
or I lose my biggest client.
不然我就会失去我最大的客户
6:00 p.M. 2,000 miles. Yeah.
明晚六点 2千英里 对
That's cutting it a little bit close.
还是找个近一些的地方吧
Please, Mr. Monroe. I'm desperate.
拜托 曼洛先生 我已经无计可施了
Can you help me get my melons to Chicago?
你能帮我把我的香瓜送到芝加哥吗
My name is Simon, Simon Dewey.
我是西蒙 西蒙·杜伊
You've had that name and personality how long?
你以这个名字及这一人格生活了多久
Since I was born.
从出生到现在
Who is Jake Garner?
杰克·加纳是谁
Jake was a born frat boy, you know?
杰克是那种兄弟会男孩
Loved a good dirty joke,
喜欢黄色笑话
everybody's best friend, you know?
和所有人都称兄道弟
Well, did very well with women.
当然也很会泡妞
And... Jake met Selette the summer after graduation.
杰克在毕业后的那个夏天遇见了斯莱特
It was Jake who proposed.
是杰克求婚的
When did Simon-- Or when did you-- re-emerge.
那西蒙或者你什么时候又重新出现了呢
Well, after the wedding,
结婚后
when things calmed down and they mo--
当一切都安顿好 他们
Uh... we moved...
我们搬家之后
I started showing up again.
我又出现了
And it was then that she sent me to...
也就是那时她让我去
see Lois.
找露易丝看病

重点解释

妙语佳句:

原句:I have 1,500 South American cantaloupes... sitting on a dock in San Pedro that need to be in Chicago by 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night...

解析:need的意义是“需要”、“必须”,既可用作普通动词,又可用作情态动词。

need(普通动词)有各种时态形式的变化;第三人称单数现在时要加-s;与带to的不定式连用。

The pen needs mending.

这支钢笔需要修理。

Does she need to go to the club?

她必须去俱乐部吗?

She does not need to go there at present.

现在她不必去那里。

need(情态动词)没有过去形式;第三人称单数现在时不加-s;不用在肯定句里,只用于疑问句和否定句;与不带to的不定式连用。

Need she go now?

她必须现在去吗?

She need not come to school at present.

她现在不必来学校。

Mary need not have done it.

玛丽本来不必去做那件事。(言外之意是:她已经做了)

原句:Well, did very well with women.

解析:do well with:做某事很擅长

Miles had done well with his dairy.

迈尔斯的制酪场搞得相当不错。

原句:when things calmed down and they mo--Uh... we moved...I started showing up again.

解析:calm down:(使)平静

Calm down it's nothing to get steamed up about!

冷静一点--没什麽可激动的!

解析:show up:露面

The cracks in the wall show up in the sunlight.

在太阳光照射下,墙上的裂纹就显露出来。

What puzzles me is why they didn't show up.

令我百思不解的是他们为什么没有出现。

考考你:

还是找个近一些的地方吧。

你以这个名字及这一人格生活了多久?

上期答案:

I have no idea how I'm gonna win this case.
You just have to get them to believe that you can prove it.
Sometimes, it's not about the law at all.

分享到
重点单词
  • garnerv. 贮藏,积累,得到 n. 谷仓 Garner: 加纳
  • producen. 产品,农作物 vt. 生产,提出,引起,分娩,制片
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的