TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):网络暴力的失控(6)
日期:2019-08-29 09:19

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

And then came the trolls:
继而就是那些寻畔的了:
Somebody else on that wrote,
有人在那上面写道:
"Somebody HIV-positive should rape this bitch and then we'll find out if her skin color protects her from AIDS."
“应该找个艾滋阳性的去强奸那母狗,我们就能知道她的肤色能否保护她不染艾滋了。”
And that person got a free pass. Nobody went after that person.
如此恶言者倒免挨板子了。竟没有一个人去追剿那家伙。
We were all so excited about destroying Justine, and our shaming brains are so simple-minded,
我们人人都为了要毁灭贾丝婷而忙得不可开交。我们的众辱心态是如此的一心一意,
that we couldn't also handle destroying somebody who was inappropriately destroying Justine.
竟无法同时毁灭那些正在无理毁灭贾丝婷的人。
Justine was really uniting a lot of disparate groups that night, from philanthropists to "rape the bitch."
贾丝婷在那一晚着实团结了许多种类各异的群体,从做慈善的,到叫喊“强奸那母狗”的都有。

网络暴力的失控

Women always have it worse than men. When a man gets shamed, it's, "I'm going to get you fired."
这类事件中女性遭受的侮辱总比男性更糟糕。男性在遭受众辱时,通常是:“我要搞到你被炒鱿鱼为止。”
When a woman gets shamed, it's, "I'm going to get you fired and raped and cut out your uterus."
当女性被众辱是,通常是:“我要搞到你被炒鱿鱼,被强奸、割掉你的子宫。”
And then Justine's employers got involved:
然后呢,贾丝婷的雇主也搭腔了:
And that's when the anger turned to excitement:
就这样,愤怒变成了兴奋:
What we had was a delightful narrative arc. We knew something that Justine didn't.
这无疑成了一段精彩的大题目:尽人皆晓的,唯贾丝婷毫不知情。
Can you think of anything less judicial than this?
还有比这个更不公正的事情吗?
Justine was asleep on a plane and unable to explain herself, and her inability was a huge part of the hilarity.
贾丝婷当时在飞机上睡着,没机会为自己解释,而这恰恰是这场闹剧的一大原因。
On Twitter that night, we were like toddlers crawling towards a gun.
那天晚上,大家在推特上面就像小屁孩爬着去够玩具枪似的。
Somebody worked out exactly which plane she was on, so they linked to a flight tracker website.
有人查到她的航班号,就把航班号链接到一个航班跟踪网站上面。
A hashtag began trending worldwide: # hasJustineLandedYet?
马上,这一标签开始在全球走红:#贾丝婷到达没有?

演讲介绍

Jon Ronson通过贾斯汀·萨科在推特上发布的一条被认为带有种族歧视主义的玩笑而掀起的轩然大波的事件,阐述了当今网络上网路暴力现象的严重性,以及对人造成的伤害。“滥用权力”这个词不应是我们在网络上肆无忌惮谴责别人时用来挡身的防具,我们也不应该成反过来为“滥用权力”的人。


分享到