TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):我们不要一成不变的教育(1)
日期:2018-05-22 09:38

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I'm a little nervous, because my wife Yvonne said to me, she said, "Geoff, you watch the TED Talks."
我有点紧张,因为我的妻子Yvonne对我说:“Geoff,你看TED演讲的,对吧?”
I said, "Yes, honey, I love TED Talks."
我说:“对啊,亲爱的,我喜欢TED演讲。”
She said, "You know, they're like, really smart, talented..."
她说:“那些演讲者可都是很聪明、很有才能的人哦!”
I said, "I know, I know."
我说:“这我知道、知道。”
She said, "They don't want, like, the angry black man."
她说:“那观众不会喜欢你这个怒气冲冲的黑老头吧?”
So I said, "No, I'm gonna be good, Honey, I'm gonna be good. I am."
因此,我对她说:“放心好了,我不会发火的,亲爱的!我会控制我的情绪的,我会的!”
But I am angry. And the last time I looked, I'm...
可是,我还是火大了。最后我还是生气了不是?

我们不要一成不变的教育

So this is why I'm excited but I'm angry.
这就是我兴奋的原因,可我还是生气了。
This year, there are going to be millions of our children that we're going to needlessly lose,
今年,将会有成百上千万的学生完全没必要地在我们的手中流失,
that we could -- right now, we could save them all.
而其实,我们现在还可以拉他们一把的。
You saw the quality of the educators who were here.
我们的师资质量各位是有目共睹的。
Do not tell me they could not reach those kids and save them.
你可别对我说我们的教育工作者没法帮那些孩子和拉他们一把。
I know they could. It is absolutely possible. Why haven't we fixed this?
我知道,他们可以的。他们完全可以做到的。可为什么我们没去做这件事呢?
Those of us in education have held on to a business plan that we don't care how many millions of young people fail,
我们有些教育工作者已经习惯墨守成规,我们不太在乎有几百万的学生学无所成,
we're going to continue to do the same thing that didn't work, and nobody is getting crazy about it -- right?
而我们还乐此不疲地继续做着那些无用功,而从来都没有人因此生过气,发过火,对不?
Enough to say, "Enough is enough." So here's a business plan that simply does not make any sense.
这些足够我说:“我受够了”。所以,我想讲一下这种毫无意义的教育模式。

演讲介绍

为什么,为什么我们的教育系统看起来和50年前的没什么两样呢?当时,成百上千万的学生学无所成,今天的学生的学业成绩也好不到哪里去,而这是我们一直都墨守住那没用的教育成规,拒绝改革之固。教育改革家Geoffrey Canada博士大胆提出我们要在教育评价的数据利用、考虑学生的发展方面作出一些教育体制的转变,以惠及更多的学生。


分享到