TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):见证现代奴役的照片(1)
日期:2015-09-29 19:09

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I'm 150 feet down an illegal mine shaft in Ghana.
我在加纳地下50米深的一个非法矿井里。
The air is thick with heat and dust,
空气污浊闷热,充斥着尘土,
and it's hard to breathe.
让人很难呼吸。
I can feel the brush of sweaty bodies passing me in the darkness, but I can't see much else.
我可以感觉到来来往往大汗淋漓的人们从我身边擦过,但是在一片黑暗中,我也看不见什么其他的东西了。
I hear voices talking, but mostly the shaft is this cacophony of men coughing,
我听到周围有人说话的声音,但更多是咳嗽声,


and stone being broken with primitive tools.
混杂着用简陋工具砸碎石头的噪音。
Like the others, I wear a flickering, cheap flashlight tied to my head with this elastic, tattered band,
跟其他人一样,我头上顶着一个时亮时灭的廉价探照灯用一条破烂的皮筋绑在脖子上,
and I can barely make out the slick tree limbs holding up the walls of the three-foot square hole dropping hundreds of feet into the earth.
我勉强摸到墙上光溜溜的树枝扶手,它们支撑着这个一米见方深上百米的井筒。
When my hand slips, I suddenly remember a miner,
我的手滑了一下,立即想到数天前碰到的一名矿工,
I had met days before who had lost his grip,
他一手抓空,
and fell countless feet down that shaft.
就掉下了无底深井。
As I stand talking to you today,
当我今天站在这里跟你们演讲的时候,
these men are still deep in that hole,
这些矿工们还在这样的矿井里,
risking their lives without payment or compensation,
冒着生命危险干活,没有工资,没有补贴,
and often dying.
还经常丢命。
I got to climb out of that hole, and I got to go home,
我最后爬出了矿井得以回家,
but they likely never will, because they're trapped in slavery.
而这些被奴役的矿工可能永远没有回家的那一天。
For the last 28 years, I've been documenting indigenous cultures in more than 70 countries on six continents, and in 2009 I had the great honor,
在过去的28年里我一直在拍摄本土文化的纪录片走访了6大洲70多个国家,而在2009年,我非常荣幸地,
of being the sole exhibitor at the Vancouver Peace Summit.
能以独立参展商的身份出席了温哥华和平峰会。
Amongst all the astonishing people I met there,
在那里我遇到了很多令人倾佩的人,
I met a supporter of Free the Slaves, an NGO,
我认识了一位Free the Slaves 非政府组织的支持者,
dedicated to eradicating modern day slavery.
这个组织致力于根除现代社会的奴役现象。

演讲介绍
在过去两年的时间里,摄影师丽萨.克里斯汀跑遍世界,记录了今天还存在的奴隶制度让人无法忍受的残酷现实。她分享了令人难忘的美丽影像:刚果的矿工,尼泊尔的砖工……揭露了全球2700万个被奴役灵魂的困境。

分享到
重点单词
  • primitiveadj. 原始的 n. 原始人,文艺复兴前的艺术家
  • shaftn. 轴,杆状物,矛,柄,竖井,(一道)光线 vt. 装
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt
  • dedicatedadj. 专注的,献身的,专用的
  • paymentn. 支付,付款,报偿,报应
  • astonishingadj. 惊人的 动词astonish的现在分词
  • slickadj. 光滑的(巧妙的,完全的,老一套的,第一流的)
  • indigenousadj. 本地的,土生土长的,天生的
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • elasticadj. 有弹性的,灵活的,可变的 n. 橡皮圈,有松紧