TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何让世界到2030年时变得更好(8)
日期:2019-09-27 09:52

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

How much? Enough to get us to the Global Goals?
我们要取得多少进步来到达全球目标呢?
Well, let's look at some numbers.
咱们来看看这些数字。
What we know already: the world today is scoring 61 on social progress, and the place we want to get to is 75.
我们已经知道:当今世界的平均社会进步值是61分,我们想要达到的目标是75分。
If we rely on economic growth alone, we're going to get to 62.4.
如果我们仅仅依赖经济增长,我们到时候只能取得62.4分。
So let's assume now that we can get the countries that are currently underperforming on social progress
那我们假设一下,我们可以把现在社会进步得分较低的国家,
the Russia, China, Indias -- just up to the average.
比如俄罗斯、中国、印度等国提高到平均水平。
How much social progress does that get us?
那我们可以取得的进步会是多少分呢?
Well, that takes us to 65. It's a bit better, but still quite a long way to go.
大概是65分。这已经挺不错了,但其实还有很长的路要走。
So let's get a little bit more optimistic and say,
所以我们乐观点说,
what if every country gets a little bit better at turning its wealth into well-being?
如果所有国家都把一点创造财富的精力转移到为人民增加福祉上会是怎样呢?
Well then, we get to 67. And now let's be even bolder still.
那我们的平均得分将会提高到67分。让我们再更加地直白一点。

如何让世界到2030年时变得更好

What if every country in the world chose to be like Costa Rica in prioritizing human well-being,
如果世界上所有国家都像哥斯达黎加一样,把人民幸福放在首位,
using its wealth for the well-being of its citizens?
把国家的财富用到增加人民幸福将会怎样呢?
Well then, we get to nearly 73, very close to the Global Goals.
这样的话,我们就能得到将近73分,非常接近全球目标了。
Can we achieve the Global Goals? Certainly not with business as usual.
那我们能到达全球目标吗?像通常那样通过经济的方式显然不行。
Even a flood tide of economic growth is not going to get us there,
如果仅仅增加大富翁和超级富豪的数量而置其他于不顾,
if it just raises the mega-yachts and the super-wealthy and leaves the rest behind.
那即使经济以洪水式的猛涨都不行。
If we're going to achieve the Global Goals we have to do things differently.
如果我们想到达那些全球目标我们就需要做一些不样的。
We have to prioritize social progress, and really scale solutions around the world.
我们要把社会进步放在首位,并且在世界范围内遴选方案。
I believe the Global Goals are a historic opportunity, because the world's leaders have promised to deliver them.
我相信这个全球目标是一个历史性的机遇,因为全球的领导人都已经承诺了要实现它。
Let's not dismiss the goals or slide into pessimism; let's hold them to that promise.
我们不要不管这些目标,也不要陷入悲观主义的泥潭。
And we need to hold them to that promise by holding them accountable,
我们要坚持实现承诺。我们要负责任地坚持实现承诺,
tracking their progress all the way through the next 15 years.
要在未来15年内始终追踪我们的进步。

演讲介绍

世界的发展离不开每个国家的发展,而衡量一个国家发展的标准是什么呢? 经济发展是否是关键因素? Michael Green 先生有个很好的提议,那就是给每个国家一个成绩卡,就像在学校里管理各个学生一样,想知道自己的祖国在这所“地球大学”中的成绩如何吗? 我们是拖后腿了还是名列前茅呢?


分享到