TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):关于人性名利和爱(8)
日期:2018-09-06 09:59

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

It's very difficult to remember.
有点难记得。
Which loosely translates into actually saying that all the books of knowledge that you might read
大致翻译一下,意思是说你从书里汲取知识之精华,
and then go ahead and impart your knowledge through innovation, through creativity, through technology,
然后把知识传递下去,用在发明、创造还有科技,
but mankind will never be the wiser about its future unless it is coupled with a sense of love and compassion for their fellow beings.
但这样依旧无法使人类的未来走向更深切的智慧,除非他们能对同胞们怀揣着爱与关怀之心。
The two and a half alphabets which form the word..., which means "love,"
这两个半的字母构成了印地语里的...那意味着“爱”,
if you are able to understand that and practice it, that itself is enough to enlighten mankind.
如果你能真正理解它,并把它记在心中,并身体力行。
So I truly believe the future "you" has to be a you that loves.
所以我真的相信未来的“你们”,必须是一个愿意“去爱”和“接受爱”的你。
Otherwise it will cease to flourish. It will perish in its own self-absorption.
否则这个世界的未来将黯淡失色,一切都会在自我的沉醉中消失殆尽。
So you may use your power to build walls and keep people outside, or you may use it to break barriers and welcome them in.
所以你可以用你的力量去筑起心中高高的围墙,把他人都拒之门外,或者你可以用它来打破壁垒,欢迎他们。

关于人性名利和爱

You may use your faith to make people afraid and terrify them into submission,
你可以用你的信念让人心生畏惧,把他们吓到无奈地屈从于你,
or you can use it to give courage to people so they rise to the greatest heights of enlightenment.
或者你可以用信念去鼓舞他人,让他们也能获得深刻的启迪。
You can use your energy to build nuclear bombs and spread the darkness of destruction,
你可以用你的能源去制造核导弹,散播毁灭性的黑暗,
or you can use it to spread the joy of light to millions.
或者你可以把喜悦之光传递给成千上万的人们。
You may filthy up the oceans callously and cut down all the forests.
你可以去污染海洋,无情地砍下所有的森林。
You can destroy the ecology, or turn to them with love and regenerate life from the waters and trees.
你可以破坏生态的平衡,或者用爱去浇灌这一切让所有的树木和水源获得新生。
You may land on Mars and build armed citadels, or you may look for life-forms and species to learn from and respect.
你可以登陆火星去建立军事的堡垒,或是怀着求知和尊敬去寻找新生命和物种。
And you can use all the moneys we all have earned to wage futile wars
你还可以用赚来的所有钱去发动百害而无一利的战争,
and give guns in the hands of little children to kill each other with,
把枪支交在年幼的孩童手中,教他们互相残杀,
or you can use it to make more food to fill their stomachs with.
或者你可以用那些钱去提供更多的食物,去帮助饥肠辘辘的人们。

演讲介绍

“我贩卖梦想,也向数百万人兜售爱。”宝莱坞天王沙鲁克汗如是说。在这场迷人又风趣的演说中,沙鲁克汗回顾了他的人生轨迹,秀了几招牌舞步,也分享了自己在演艺圈学到的人生智慧。


分享到
重点单词
  • flourishvi. 繁荣,茂盛,活跃,手舞足蹈 vt. 挥舞 n.
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • enlightenv. 授与 ... 知识,启发,启蒙
  • terrifyv. 使害怕,使恐怖,威胁
  • innovationn. 创新,革新
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • creativityn. 创造力,创造
  • ceasev. 停止,终止 n. 停止
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • futileadj. 无效的,无用的