TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):小国家的大想法--摒弃化石燃料(10)
日期:2017-02-09 11:10

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

People feel powerless, and they are tired of not being heard.
群众很多时候都会觉得自己有心无力,他们再也不希望自己的呼声被无视了。
So what we do is concrete things,
所以我们要做的是基础观念的建立,
and we translate technical issues into citizen language
把专业问题转述成百姓听得懂的语言,
to show that citizens have a role to play and can play it together.
这样才能让他们觉得有责任团结一致贡献自己的力量。
For the first time, we're tracking the promises that were made on clean transportation,
我们首次紧密地监督对无污染交通系统的承诺,
and politicos know that they have to deliver it,
政客也知道他们需要去传达这个理念,
but the tipping point will come when we form coalitions -- citizens, companies, champions of public transportation
但是当我们形成了坚固的联盟--民众,公司,公共交通系统的拥护者
that will make electric mobility the new normal, especially in a developing country.
我们就会势不可挡地将电力交通转换为新的常态,特别是在发展中国家。

小国家的大想法--摒弃化石燃料

By the time the next election comes,
在下一届选举到来的时候,
I believe every candidate will have to disclose where they stand on the abolition of fossil fuels.
我相信每一位候选人都必须在摒弃化石燃料使用的这一问题上表态。
Because this question has to enter our mainstream politics.
因为这一问题势必会成为政治主流。
And I'm telling you, this is not a question of climate policy or environmental agenda.
我还要告诉你们,这并不是一个气候政策的问题,也不是一个保护环境的议程。
It's about the country that we want and the cities that we have
这一切都是为了我们想要的一个理想国度,我们拥有的城市,
and the cities that we want and who makes that choice.
我们想要的城市,以及由谁来做这些决定。
Because at the end of the day, what we have to show is that development with renewable energy is good for the people,
因为到最后,我们要展现的是,可再生资源的发展对人们是有益处的,
for Costa Ricans that are alive today and especially for those who haven't been born.
对今天活着的哥斯达黎加人,对还未出生的哥斯达黎加人都有益处。
This is our National Museum today.
这是我们的国家博物馆。
It's bright and peaceful, and when you stand up in front of it,
明亮而平和,而当你站在它面前时,
it's really hard to believe these were military barracks at the end of the '40s.
很难相信这里曾经是40年代末的军营。
We started a new life without an army in this place,
我们在这个没有军队的地方展开了一段新的生活篇章,
and here is where our abolition of fossil fuels will be announced one day.
而这里终有一天也会是我们向全世界宣布摒弃化石燃料的地方。
And we will make history again. Thank you.
我们将又一次创造历史。谢谢。

演讲介绍

毋庸置疑,全球气候变化已成为人类面临的最大威胁,一个小国家应该为地球做些什么呢?


分享到