TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):听到的色彩(1)
日期:2015-08-17 14:59

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Well, I was born with a rare visual condition called achromatopsia, which is total color blindness,so I've never seen color,and I don't know what color looks like,because I come from a grayscale world.
我出生在一个色彩极少的世界,世界只有明暗之分,这叫做全色盲所以我不知道什么是颜色,也不知道颜色是什么样的,因为我来自一个灰色的国度。
To me, the sky is always gray,
对我来说,天空永远是暗灰的,
flowers are always gray,
花儿也是暗灰的,
and television is still in black and white.
电视依然是黑白电视。
But, since the age of 21,
但是,当我21岁时,
instead of seeing color, I can hear color.
虽然看不见颜色,但我能听见颜色。


In 2003, I started a project with computer scientist Adam Montandon,
在2003年,我开始了一项计划,和一位叫Adam Montandon的计算机科学家合作,
and the result, with further collaborations with Peter Kese from Slovenia and Matias Lizana from Barcelona,
在其他人的合作帮助下,例如来自斯洛文尼亚的Peter Kese和来自巴塞罗那的Matias Lizana,
is this electronic eye.
我们的成果就是这个电子眼。
It's a color sensor that detects the color frequency in front of me — (Frequency sounds) —
它是一个色彩传感器,它可以探测到我眼前颜色的频率—(频率的声音)
and sends this frequency to a chip installed at the back of my head, and I hear the color in front of me through the bone, through bone conduction.
然后把这个频率传回植入我后脑里的一个芯片里,这样通过骨头传导声音我就能听到我眼前的颜色了。
So, for example, if I have, like,
举个例子吧,我拿出这个
This is the sound of purple.
这个就是紫色的声音。
For example, this is the sound of grass.
又例如,这个是草地颜色的声音。
This is red, like TED.
这个是红色的,就像TED的颜色。
This is the sound of a dirty sock.
这个是脏袜子的声音。
Which is like yellow, this one.
脏袜子是黄色的。
So I've been hearing color all the time for eight years,
所以,自2004年起,我已经持续听了8年的颜色,
since 2004, so I find it completely normal now to hear color all the time.
现在这些持续不断的声音对我来说已经习以为常了。
At the start, though, I had to memorize the names you give for each color, so I had to memorize the notes,
一开始我不仅需要记住你们为不同色彩所命的名字我还要去记住这些调子,
but after some time, all this information became a perception.
不过过了一段时间,所有的这些信息,都变成了一种知觉。

演讲介绍
Artist Neil Harbisson从一出生起就是全色盲,但现在,他的大脑里安装了一个设备,可以将颜色转变成听得到的频率。虽然他看到的世界依然是灰暗的,但他能够“听”到由颜色组成的交响曲合奏--没错,他甚至能听到人们的脸和绘画。

分享到