TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):女性崛起的新数据(5)
日期:2016-10-20 10:03

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So what's that about?
到底怎么回事?
It looks like women got some power boost on a video game,
看起来好像女人像是电子游戏里一样得到很多的力量。
or like they snuck in some secret serum into their birth-control pills that lets them shoot up high.
或者在她们的避孕药丸中偷偷地得到了种神奇的浆液,从而使得她们崛起。
But of course, it's not about that.
当然不是那样。
What it's about is that the economy has changed a lot.
其原因就是经济变化了很多。
We used to have a manufacturing economy, which was about building goods and products,
我们曾拥有一个制造性经济,也就是制造商品,
and now we have a service economy and an information and creative economy.
现在我们是服务性经济,一个信息化和创造性的经济。
Those two economies require very different skills,
这两个经济模式要求十分不相同的技能。
and as it happens, women have been much better at acquiring the new set of skills than men have been.
正是由于这个变化,女性比男性更好地获取新的技术。

女性崛起的新数据

It used to be that you were a guy who went to high school who didn't have a college degree,
曾经是这样的,你从高中学校出来,没有大学文凭,
but you had a specific set of skills, and with the help of a union,
但是你有一些特殊的技能,借助于工会的帮助,
you could make yourself a pretty good middle-class life.
你可以让自己过上很不错的中产阶级的生活。
But that really isn't true anymore.
但是现在不再是这样了。
This new economy is pretty indifferent to size and strength,
新经济对个头和力量不再依赖,
which is what's helped men along all these years.
过去的时间里对于个头和力量的依赖显然帮助了男人。
What the economy requires now is a whole different set of skills.
现在的经济要求的是完全不一样的技术。
You basically need intelligence, you need an ability to sit still and focus,
基本上你需要智力,你需要能够稳定地坐着并保持集中,
to communicate openly, to be able to listen to people
开放地交流,能够倾听别人
and to operate in a workplace that is much more fluid than it used to be,
能够在一个更流动的工作场所下作业。
and those are things that women do extremely well, as we're seeing.
这些正是女人们可以做的非常的好,正如我们所见。
If you look at management theory these days,
如果你观察一下当今的管理理论,
it used to be that our ideal leader sounded something like General Patton, right?
我们曾经的理想化的领导是像乔治-巴顿一样的人。
You would be issuing orders from above. You would be very hierarchical.
你可以从上向下发令。你可以非常的阶级化。
You would tell everyone below you what to do.
你可以告诉你下面的每一个人做什么。
But that's not what an ideal leader is like now.
但是这不再是今天的理想化领导。

演讲介绍

汉娜.罗森回顾了表明女性在某些重要领域超越男性的一些显著的新数据,例如大学毕业率。这些不仅以美国为中心还在整个世界都流行的趋势是否预示着“男性时代的结束”?也许并非如此—但这些表明社会变化的数据值得揣摩。


分享到