TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何让世界到2030年时变得更好(1)
日期:2019-09-18 08:27

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Do you think the world is going to be a better place next year? In the next decade?
你们觉得明年这个世界会变的更好吗?未来十年呢?
Can we end hunger, achieve gender equality, halt climate change, all in the next 15 years?
我们能不能解决饥饿问题,实现性别平等,停止气候变化,让所有这些都在未来15年内实现?
Well, according to the governments of the world, yes we can.
那么,根据世界各国政府所说,我们是可以做到的。
In the last few days, the leaders of the world, meeting at the UN in New York,
在过去的几天里,全世界的领导人在位于纽约的联合国总部进行了会面,
agreed a new set of Global Goals for the development of the world to 2030.
对于到2030年世界发展的一系列新的全球目标达成了共识。
And here they are: these goals are the product of a massive consultation exercise.
就是这些:这些目标是大量咨询磋商的产物。
The Global Goals are who we, humanity, want to be.
这些全球目标是我们这些人类想要实现的。

如何让世界到2030年时变得更好

Now that's the plan, but can we get there?
这就是这个计划,但是我们能实现吗?
Can this vision for a better world really be achieved?
这个更好的世界的愿景可以实现吗?
Well, I'm here today because we've run the numbers,
我今天站在这里,是因为我们研究了一下,
and the answer, shockingly, is that maybe we actually can. But not with business as usual.
研究出的答案,非常让人震惊,那就是也许我们真的能做到。但不是用一如往常的方式来实现了。
Now, the idea that the world is going to get a better place may seem a little fanciful.
现在,这个世界正在变得更好的想法可能看起来还有些不切实际。
Watch the news every day and the world seems to be going backwards, not forwards.
我们每天看新闻时觉得这个世界是在退步,而不是进步。
And let's be frank: it's pretty easy to be skeptical about grand announcements coming out of the UN.
那我们坦白地说:其实这个从联合国发出的宏伟的公告很容易让人怀疑。

演讲介绍

世界的发展离不开每个国家的发展,而衡量一个国家发展的标准是什么呢? 经济发展是否是关键因素? Michael Green 先生有个很好的提议,那就是给每个国家一个成绩卡,就像在学校里管理各个学生一样,想知道自己的祖国在这所“地球大学”中的成绩如何吗? 我们是拖后腿了还是名列前茅呢?


分享到