TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):多元化的自己究竟有多大力量(3)
日期:2018-10-11 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So with this realization in mind, I decided to embrace all of the different versions of myself
带着这种认识,我决定接受一个截然不同的自己,
even allow myself to reinvent myself at times.
甚至允许自己以全新的面貌出现。
So for example, in high school, I have to confess I was a mega-nerd.
比如,在高中的时候,我不得不承认我是个书呆子。
I had no sense of fashion -- thick glasses, simple hairstyle -- you can get the idea.
对于时尚一窍不通--戴着厚眼镜,留着简单的发型,相信你们能想象出来。
I think, actually, I only had friends because I shared my homework. That's the truth.
我觉得,那时候我之所以有朋友,是因为我借作业给他们抄。是真的。
But once at university, I was able to find a new identity for myself, and the nerd became a popular girl.
但在大学的时候,我找到了自己新的身份,从书呆子变成了受欢迎的女孩。
But it was MIT, so I don't know if I can take too much credit for that.
但因为我在麻省理工,所以我也不知道这种改变到底有多大用处。
As they say over there, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
他们那儿有句话,“数量挺多的,质量却不好。”

多元化的自己究竟有多大力量

I switched majors so many times that my advisors joked that I should get a degree in "random studies."
我换了很多次专业,最后我的顾问开玩笑说,我应该去修一个“随机专业”学位。
I told this to my kids.
我把这件事告诉了我的孩子们。
And then over the years, I have gained a lot of different identities.
这些年我有了许多不同的身份。
I started as an inventor, entrepreneur, social innovator.
最开始我是作为一名发明者,企业家,社会革新者。
Then I became an investor, a woman in tech, a teacher.
之后我成为了投资人,技术女性,老师。
And most recently, I became a mom, or as my toddler says repeatedly, "Mom!" day and night.
最近我成为了一名母亲,或者像我的小家伙不停叫着的,“妈~妈~”,从早到晚。
Even my accent was so confused -- its origin was so obscure, that my friends called it, "Rebecanese."
就连我的口音也很奇怪--它是如此复杂,以至于我的朋友管它叫“瑞贝卡语”。

演讲介绍

瑞贝卡·黄的一生都在不停地切换身份--在韩国出生,在阿根廷长大,在美国上学--长久以来,她甚至无法找到一个可以称之为老家的地方。在这个充满挑战的过程中,她有了一个关键的认识:多元化的背景在今天这个全球化的世界中是一个明显的优势。在这个关于她自己的演讲中,黄分享了接受复杂身份所能带来的众多好处,以及她希望建立一个新世界的愿望,在那里身份不再让人们彼此疏离,而是互相靠近。


分享到
重点单词
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • embracev. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉 n. 拥抱
  • obscureadj. 微暗的,难解的,不著名的,[语音学]轻音的 v
  • entrepreneurn. 企业家,主办者,承包商
  • confusedadj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu
  • randomadj. 随机的,随意的,任意的 adv. 随机地 n.
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔
  • investorn. 投资者