TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):我难忘的一次中国行(11)
日期:2018-08-24 10:08

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

But that leads us to our next lesson for understanding China from my walk.
我从徒步旅行中学到了另一条关于了解中国方面的经验。
As I walked through towns and villages, I would see everywhere no matter what time of day,
当我走过城镇和村庄,无论什么时候我都能看到人们在劳动,
people would be working, but often they will be working for themselves.
但他们往往会为自己的梦想而劳动。
You know, enterprises is very much part of the Chinese dream.
大家都知道,企业是中国梦的重要组成部分。
The idea of setting up your own business is an incredibly powerful dream that people have.
建立自己的企业是人们拥有的一个远大理想。
Many advanced economies have failed because of this reason that as it gone through the industrial revolution,
许多发达经济体会失败是因为在其经历工业革命时期,
the big industries have sucked in all of the talent to a few small employers
一些大型产业把所有的人才吸引到一些小雇主那里,
and when those industries decline and companies fail as they will, there's no new growth left to take its place.
当这些行业衰退,公司倒闭,却没有新的增长点取而代之。

我难忘的一次中国行

Therefore, perhaps one of the most telling statistics that you could find about the new China is this,
这也许是你能发现的关于新中国的最有意义的一个统计,
is that a number of new enterprises that started in China doubled between 2010 and 2016, ok, that's fine.
在2010和2016年之间,中国一批新的企业纷纷成立,并且在数量上实现翻倍。
But let me tell you what a double, too. 1.6 million, still not impressed, let me put that in context.
让我告诉你另外一点。160万这个数字可能不会给你留下深刻的印象,让我把它放在特定背景中。
1.6 million new businesses created in China
中国新成立的160万家新企业
is more than all the new businesses created in Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States, all those together.
超过了德国、英国和美国所有新企业加在一起的数量。
It's incredible investment in the future, because people are optimistic,
这是对未来的一项大投资,因为人们很乐观,
because people are working hard and because they have invested in the future of themselves and of others.
努力工作,愿意为自己和他人的未来进行投资。

演讲介绍

英国议会上院议员贝茨勋爵在中国开展了为期两个多月的慈善徒步行走,他顶着烈日步行约1700公里,将募捐来的善款投入中国慈善事业,并呼吁人们珍爱和平。正是在中国的徒步旅行中,麦克·贝茨对中国有了更深刻的认识,他对中国奇迹的真正原因也有了自己的答案。


分享到