TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):20岁光阴不再来(9)
日期:2019-11-25 10:54

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Now Emma's story made that sound easy, but that's what I love about working with twentysomethings.
Emma的故事让这件事听起来非常简单,但这就是我喜欢和二十几岁的人工作的原因。
They are so easy to help. Twentysomethings are like airplanes just leaving LAX, bound for somewhere west.
要帮助他们实在太容易了。二十几岁的人就像刚离开洛杉矶国际机场的目的地在西边某地的航班。
Right after takeoff, a slight change in course is the difference between landing in Alaska or Fiji.
起飞之后,航线的一个小调整就是落在阿拉斯加还是落在斐济的区别。
Likewise, at 21 or 25 or even 29, one good conversation, one good break, one good TED Talk,
同理,在21岁或者25岁甚至是29岁时,一个好的聊天,一次好的休息,一个好的TED演讲,
can have an enormous effect across years and even generations to come.
可以对接下来的几年甚至是几代人有非常大的影响。

20岁光阴不再来

So here's an idea worth spreading to every twentysomething you know.
这里给出一个值得传播给每个你认识的二十几岁的人的想法。
It's as simple as what I learned to say to Alex.
它和我学到的该跟Alex说的话一样简单。
It's what I now have the privilege of saying to twentysomethings like Emma every single day:
它就是现在我有权利每天对像Emma一样的二十几岁的人说的话:
Thirty is not the new 20, so claim your adulthood, get some identity capital, use your weak ties, pick your family.
30岁不再是新的20岁,所以把握好你的成年时期,积累一些身份资本,利用你的微弱联系并且选择好你的家庭。
Don't be defined by what you didn't know or didn't do.
别被你不知道的事或者没做的事定义。
You're deciding your life right now. Thank you.
现在,你就在决定你的生命。谢谢。

演讲介绍

20岁对于一个人来说,意味着什么?MegJay在演讲中将与你探讨这个问题。


分享到