TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何帮助年轻人构建更好的未来(8)
日期:2019-10-17 09:50

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

And I've seen how these programs can make a difference.
我看到了这些项目如何让世界变得不同。
When I was in Lebanon, I visited a program called Girls Got IT, or Girls Got It.
我在黎巴嫩时,参观了一个叫做“女孩IT通”,或者“女孩向前冲”的项目。
And in this program, girls who have been studying computer skills and the STEM program
在这个项目中,那些学习计算机技能和STEM项目的女孩,
have a chance to work side by side with young professionals,
有机会可以跟年轻专业人士并肩工作,
so that they can learn firsthand what it's like to be an architect, a designer or a scientist.
这样她们就可以直接了解成为架构师、设计师或科学家是什么样子。
And when you see these girls, smiles on their faces, the hot lights in their eyes,
你会看到她们脸上的微笑,眼中的热忱,
they are so excited, they have hope for the future. They want to change the world.
她们是如此兴奋,对未来充满希望。她们想要改变世界。
And now, with this program and these mentors, they'll be able to do it.
现在,有了这些项目和这些导师,我认为她们都能够做到。

如何帮助年轻人构建更好的未来

But these ideas and programs are just a start.
但这些想法和项目只是一个开始。
They'll only reach a fraction of the young people that we need to reach.
它们现在仅触及了我们想触及的一小部分年轻人。
We want to take these ideas and find ways to scale them up.
我们想实现这些想法,并寻找规模化的方法。
To reach more young people in more communities, in more places around the world.
去覆盖全世界更多社区,更多地方的更多年轻人。
And we want to dream big.
我们要梦想远大。
Could every school, everywhere in the world, no matter how remote or mountainous,
在世界上每个学校,每个地方,不管多么偏远,路途多么崎岖,
or even if it's in a refugee camp, could they be connected to the internet?
或者甚至是在难民营中生活的人,他们能上网吗?
Could we have instant translation for young people,
我们能给全球任何一个地方的年轻人提供即时翻译,
so that you could get a good education in your own language, anywhere in the world?
这样就能用自己的语言接受良好的教育吗?
And would it be possible that we could connect the education in your school
有没有可能,在你接受的学校教育中,
with skills that you're going to need to get a job in your own community?
协助提供你在自己社区工作的所需技能?
So that you actually can move from school to work. And more.
这样你就能够从学校直接过渡到职场。还有更多要做的事情。

演讲介绍

联合国儿童基金会执行理事汉丽埃塔·福尔说,一代又一代的年轻人即将继承世界,每个人都有责任为他们的未来提供奋斗的机会。在这个具有前瞻性的演讲中,她探讨了他们面临的危机,并详细介绍了一项雄心勃勃的全球新倡议“世代无限”。该倡议旨在确保到2030年,所有年轻人都能上学、接受培训或就业。


分享到