TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):让我们带上女超人!(1)
日期:2017-05-05 13:27

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I spend most of my time thinking about little girls,
我生活中的大部分时间都在思考关于小女孩的事情,
which is kind of a weird thing for a grown man in our society to say.
这对于当今社会一位成年男性而言未免有些奇怪。
But I do. I spend most of my time thinking about little girls,
但是我确实花了大量时间在思考小女孩的事,
and I think it's primarily because I have one.
我想主要原因是因为我有一个女儿吧。
This one's mine, and I think you would really like her.
这是我的女儿,我想你们会喜欢她的。
She is smart and funny and kind to people and a good friend.
她聪慧过人,活泼可爱,待人友好,是个不错的小伙伴。
But when I talk about my daughter, the word I find myself saying most is "athlete."
但是当谈到我的女儿,我发现我说的最多的词是“运动员”。

让我们带上女超人

She is strong and fast and has great balance and good body control.
她强壮,敏捷,有着很棒的平衡感和良好的身体协调性。
She is a three-time, back-to-back-to-back state champion in Shaolin Kempo.
她在持续三天的少林拳法比赛中,获得了三次州冠军。
At nine years old, she is already halfway to a black belt. My daughter is athletic.
九岁的她已接近黑带水平。我的女儿有着运动员的体魄。
Now, when a man who is six feet two and 265 pounds stands in front of you and says his daughter is athletic,
现在,一个高1.86米,重120公斤的大汉站在你面前,说她的女儿是运动员,
you might think that's a reflection of him. It is not.
你也许会想,应该是遗传他的吧。并不是这样的。
My wife in high school was a two-time all-state soccer player
我的妻子在高中曾两次代表全州参加足球比赛,
and a two-time all-state volleyball player, and I played "Dungeons and Dragons."
还两次代表全州参加排球比赛,而我那会儿还玩着“龙与地下城”。
And that is why, although my daughter is an athlete, she's also a huge nerd, which I love.
那也就是为什么,我的女儿不仅仅是个运动员,她也是个技术能手,我很喜欢她这点。
She walks around our house in a cloak of flames that she made herself.
她身披火焰斗篷在家中穿行,这是她亲手制作的。

演讲介绍

为什么想找到女英雄的周边商品就那么难呢?在这个充满热情的,亮点不断的演讲中,媒体研究学者(一个星战迷女儿的父亲)克里斯多夫·贝尔为我们指出了女性英雄玩具和商品严重缺失的现状,并强调这件事将决定我们如何教导孩子认识这个世界。


分享到
重点单词
  • reflectionn. 反映,映像,折射,沉思,影响
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • athleten. 运动员
  • championn. 冠军,优胜者,拥护者,勇士 vt. 保卫,拥护,为
  • athleticadj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的