TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):网络暴力的失控(2)
日期:2019-08-23 07:37

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I don't think the foundation did this because they were monstrous.
该基金会的如此做法我不认为是出于豺狼之性。
I think they were clueless:
我认为他们是愚昧而已:
I think this was a unique moment when the beautiful naivety of Twitter was hitting the increasingly horrific reality.
以我之见,就在那特别一刻,推特的美丽单纯与现实的日益残酷来了场正面碰撞。
And here were some of the Tweets that were cascading into his eye line, as he was trying to apologize:
以下几条是当时在现场出现的推文,当时他正准备道歉:
"Jonah Lehrer, boring us into forgiving him."
“乔纳·雷尔,想通过让我们无聊的方式来原谅他。”
And, "Jonah Lehrer has not proven that he is capable of feeling shame."
“乔纳·雷尔仍未证明自己是个会羞耻的人。”
That one must have been written by the best psychiatrist ever, to know that about such a tiny figure behind a lectern.
写这条的人一定是史上最高明的精神医生,远远看一眼讲台后的小小身影就能进行诊断。

网络暴力的失控

And, "Jonah Lehrer is just a frigging sociopath."
“乔纳·雷尔个彻头彻尾的变态狂。”
That last word is a very human thing to do, to dehumanize the people we hurt.
最后一个词的使用是人性使然,是为了把我们要伤害的人非人化。
It's because we want to destroy people but not feel bad about it.
因为我们想在毁灭别人的同时自己感觉不到痛苦。
Imagine if this was an actual court, and the accused was in the dark,
想象一下如果这是在法庭里面,被告还蒙在鼓里,
begging for another chance, and the jury was yelling out, "Bored! Sociopath!"
乞求给予第二次机会,陪审员已经先声夺人,“无聊啊!你个变态!”
You know, when we watch courtroom dramas, we tend to identify with the kindhearted defense attorney,
对吧,一般我们看法律剧的时候,总倾向于那个心地善良的辩方大律师,
but give us the power, and we become like hanging judges.
而一旦拥有了权力,我们就变成爱判死刑的法官了。
Power shifts fast. We were getting Jonah because he was perceived to have misused his privilege,
势头如风,瞬息万变。之前,我们把乔纳给揪出来,因为他滥用自己的特权,
but Jonah was on the floor then, and we were still kicking, and congratulating ourselves for punching up.
但当乔纳已经倒下了,我们还上去补两脚,还以为自己英雄了得,沾沾自喜。
And it began to feel weird and empty when there wasn't a powerful person who had misused their privilege that we could get.
而当找不到一个滥用职权的人可供攻击时,甚至会感到寂寞空虚冷。
A day without a shaming began to feel like a day picking fingernails and treading water.
哪天无人可辱,就觉得人生无望,惶惶不可终日了。

演讲介绍

Jon Ronson通过贾斯汀·萨科在推特上发布的一条被认为带有种族歧视主义的玩笑而掀起的轩然大波的事件,阐述了当今网络上网路暴力现象的严重性,以及对人造成的伤害。“滥用权力”这个词不应是我们在网络上肆无忌惮谴责别人时用来挡身的防具,我们也不应该成反过来为“滥用权力”的人。


分享到
重点单词
  • horrificadj. 令人毛骨悚然的,可怖的
  • lecternn. 诵经台;讲台
  • juryn. 陪审团,评委会 adj. 临时用的 vt. 挑选
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • dehumanizevt. 使失去人性
  • privilegen. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸 vt. 给特权,免
  • tendv. 趋向,易于,照料,护理
  • foundationn. 基础,根据,建立 n. 粉底霜,基金会
  • courtroomn. 法庭,审判室
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪