TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):游戏创造美好生活(6)
日期:2016-05-30 17:28

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The game industry is developing consoles that are low energy and that work with the wireless phone networks instead of broadband Internet so that gamers all over the world,particularly in India, China, Brazil, can get online.
游戏产业一直在不停的发展,现如今,它的低能耗,以及从宽带互联网到无线手机网络的变革让全球的游戏玩家,尤其是来自印度、中国、巴西的玩家们,可以在同一个平台里竞技。
They expect one billion more gamers in the next decade.
据预测,在接下来的十年里将会有10亿的新玩家加入其中。
It will bring us up to 1.5 billion gamers.
届时,我们就会有15亿之众的游戏玩家。


So, I've started to think about what these games are making us virtuosos at.
因此,我早早的开始了思考,这些游戏将把我们引向何方。
Here are the four things I came up with. The first is urgent optimism.
对此我觉得大体有四个方面。首先就是对于紧急事件的积极心态,紧急乐观。
OK, think of this as extreme self-motivation.
把它想象成是极端的自我激励。
Urgent optimism is the desire to act immediately to tackle an obstacle,combined with the belief that we have a reasonable hope of success.
急切的乐观精神是 结合着自己必胜信念,对立马解决障碍的渴望。
Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible,and that it is always worth trying, and trying now.
游戏玩家始终相信,不可能取得的胜利也是可能的。
Gamers don't sit around.
游戏玩家不是孤立的。
Gamers are virtuosos at weaving a tight social fabric.
他们很擅长组建严密的社会结构。
There's a lot of interesting research that shows that we like people better after we play a game with them,even if they've beaten us badly.
一项有趣的调查显示,我们更喜欢那些与我们一同玩游戏的人,即便是他们把我打败了,亦是如此。
And the reason is, it takes a lot of trust to play a game with someone.
原因就是,在游戏过程中我们累积了信任。
We trust that they will spend their time with us,that they will play by the same rules,value the same goal, they'll stay with the game until it's over.
我们之所以信任,就是因为他们和我们花费同样的时间遵守同样的规则,拥有着共同的目标,我们将肩并肩作战(在一起)直至游戏结束。
And so, playing a game together actually builds up bonds and trust and cooperation.
基于此,一同游戏的确可以建立默契、信任和协作。
And we actually build stronger social relationships as a result.
进而,我们会建立一个更强健的社会关系网络。
Blissful productivity. I love it.
幸福的生产力,我非常喜欢这个。
You know there's a reason why the average World of Warcraft gamer plays for 22 hours a week,kind of a half-time job.
《魔兽世界》的玩家们平均花费一周22小时,就像一个兼职一样玩游戏是有原因的。
It's because we know, when we're playing a game,that we're actually happier working hard than we are relaxing, or hanging out.
就是因为,当我们玩游戏的时候,相对于休闲或者逛街来说,我们加倍努力的玩游戏会让我们更开心。
We know that we are optimized, as human beings,to do hard meaningful work.
作为人类来说,我们更喜欢做那些虽然很难但是更有趣的事情。
And gamers are willing to work hard all the time, if they're given the right work.
如果能够提供一个合适的任务给游戏玩家,他们就会一直不停地努力玩下去。
Finally: epic meaning.
最后,是史诗的含义。

演讲介绍
像《魔兽世界》这样的游戏,提供了一个让玩家在虚拟空间充当救世主的角色,并且同时激励这些玩家学习那些英雄们所具有的良好品质。那么我们能否利用这种机制去解决现实世界中的问题呢?Jane McGonigal说可以,并且给出了她的理由。

分享到