TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):为了关闭监狱 就要创办学校(4)
日期:2017-10-14 08:02

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The revolution in education is happening in our schools, with adults who provide love, structure, support and knowledge.
教育的改革正在我们学校进行,有成年人为他们提供爱,精心组织的体系,支持还有知识。
These are the things that inspire children. But it is not an easy task.
这些都将对我们的孩子有所启发。但这并不能简单的说到做到。
And there are high demands within an education system that is not perfect.
在我们并不完美的教育体系中,有着很高的需求。
But I have a dynamic group of educators who collaborate as a team to determine what is the best curriculum.
不过我有一群充满活力的教育家,他们彼此合作成立团队来决定课程的最佳安排。
And they take time beyond their school day,
他们在非工作日的时间仍然忙碌,
and come in on weekends and even use their own money to often provide resources when we do not have it.
周末也到学校工作,甚至愿意自费提供我们缺少的资源。

为了关闭监狱 就要创办学校

And as the principal, I have to inspect what I expect.
作为一名校长,我需要检查我所期待的东西。
So I show up in classes and I conduct observations to give feedback,
所以我出现在教室,通过观察来提供反馈,
because I want my teachers to be just as successful as the name Mott Hall Bridges Academy.
因为我希望老师们可以和莫特馆桥学院的名号一样成功。
And I give them access to me every single day, which is why they all have my personal cell number,
他们每天都可以联系到我,因为他们都有我的手机号,
including my scholars and those who graduated
包括我的学生和已经毕业的学生,
which is probably why I get phone calls and text messages at three o'clock in the morning.
这也许就是我在凌晨3点钟还会收到电话和短信的原因吧。
But we are all connected to succeed, and good leaders do this. Tomorrow's future is sitting in our classrooms.
不过我们都与成功息息相关,优秀的领导者引领成功。明日的未来正坐在我们的教室中。
And they are our responsibility. That means everyone in here, and those who are watching the screen.
他们是我们担负的责任。那意味着这里的每个人,还有屏幕后正在观看的人们。
We must believe in their brilliance, and remind them by teaching them that there indeed is power in education. Thank you.
我们要相信这些孩子的才华,教导他们教育才是真正的力量。谢谢。

演讲介绍

小孩是国家的未来,让他们相信自我尤其重要。Nadia Lopez在纽约最落后和最暴力的布鲁克林区布朗斯维尔创立了创莫特霍尔布里奇斯学院,因为她相信每位小孩的智慧和才能。校长分享如何帮助他们的学生成为未来的希望,是一次新的教育改革。


分享到
重点单词
  • determinev. 决定,决心,确定,测定
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽
  • inspectvt. 调查,检阅 vi. 调查
  • academyn. 学院,学术,学会
  • curriculumn. 课程,全部课程 curricula(复数) cur
  • conductn. 行为,举动,品行 v. 引导,指挥,管理 vt.
  • revolutionn. 革命,旋转,转数
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • brilliancen. (色彩)鲜明,光辉,辉煌
  • dynamicadj. 动态的,动力的,有活力的 n. 动力,动力学